Report: Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather agree to $250 million deal
Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao have reportedly completed their fight negotiations and are set to announce the bout that many believed would never take place.
Gareth A. Davies of The Telegraph reports that Pacquiao and Mayweather have put the finishing touches on a deal that is worth somewhere in the range of $250 million. The fight could be officially announced at some point this week. There has been some speculation that the announcement will take place at the NBA All-Star Game on Sunday.
“Manny has 100 percent signed his side of the deal,” a source reportedly told Davies. “It is now over to Mayweather to close the deal and announce the fight.”
Whether that means the deal is all but official remains to be seen. Earlier this month, Pacquiao’s promoter Bob Arum ripped Mayweather’s camp and said they need to operate with more urgency. We’ve seen Pacquiao and Mayweather come close to an agreement in the past only to have it fall apart at the last second, so nothing is certain until both fighters sign the contract.
Both Pacquiao and Mayweather have made an effort to make it seem like they are completely willing to fight one another. The most recent PR stunt was a video that Mayweather posted that shows him talking face-to-face with Pacquiao. Hopefully we aren’t all getting excited for nothing.