Quantcast

Fan Group Trying to Bring Rams Back to Los Angeles

The same day it was announced the players agreed to the new CBA, details on a plan to finance a football stadium in LA were released. Under terms of the potential agreement, more of the financial burden would shift to Anschutz Entertainment Group instead of taxpayers. The teams reportedly in consideration to move to LA are the Chargers, Vikings, Jaguars, Raiders, and Rams.

The Raiders and Rams used to play in LA and already have a strong fan base in Southern California. The Rams’ fan base in LA is exceptionally strong, we’ve come to find out.

There’s a fan movement to help bring the Rams back to Los Angeles. The Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams group on Facebook has over 3,100 likes. The group’s mission is “to bring back the Rams to their rightful home: Los Angeles.”

The campaign is a grass-roots movement that began on Facebook. It was started by Andy Hogan, a student at UC-Berkeley, along with Dennis Bateman, a sports writer for the Santa Barbara News-Press.

[Read more...]

Perrish Cox Allegedly Raped, Impregnated Victim Who Thinks She Was Drugged

Denver Broncos cornerback Perrish Cox was arrested in December for alleged sexual assault and bonded out. He later pleaded not guilty to the sexual assault charges and he has a trial scheduled for October. The details of the case had been sealed by the judge until they were made public on Friday. Needless to say, the charges in the case are quite alarming.

A woman says she and a few friends went out to a club for a “white party” on Labor Day last year. The accuser’s friend was dating Broncos cornerback Perrish Cox, so the group of women hung out with Cox and Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas in the VIP section of the club. Cox’s girlfriend (identified as “Che”) and the accuser say they only had four drinks during the evening yet both of them passed out and could hardly recall details from the night. According to the arrest affidavit, both women felt like they had been drugged.

The accusing woman says she and Demaryius Thomas were kissing in the car on the way back to Cox’s residence. Once at Cox’s residence, Cox and his girlfriend went into his room while Thomas and the accuser stayed in a different room. They apparently kissed before the accusing woman passed out. She recalls being fondled by Thomas before passing out. When she woke up, she says she felt like she had had sex, though she could not recall what happened. Thomas told her he left after she passed out.

[Read more...]

John Beck Turned Away by Security Guard at Redskins Park

Multiple reports have said the Washington Redskins are prepared to go with John Beck as their starting quarterback for the upcoming season. Yes, Beck is the same guy who was drafted in the second round by the Dolphins and released shortly thereafter.

If you’re not too familiar with him, don’t worry — you’re not alone.

According to The Washington Post, Beck showed up to Redskins Park to be the first player at the facility once the lockout ended and was turned away. But that’s not the best part. Beck was not only turned away because players can’t report until Tuesday, but also because the security guard didn’t know who he was.

“I’m OK with that,” Beck said of not being recognized. “I haven’t done anything yet.”

We’ve heard of Tim Lincecum being turned away by security guards but that was from opposing teams and because he looks 12 years old. Beck plays for the Redskins where the city absolutely loves their football team. That just shows how unknown he is. It doesn’t mean he can’t become the team’s starting quarterback, it just shows us he has a long way to go.

Thanks to Andrew Siciliano for the tip

Ed Reed Calls Hines Ward a ‘Dirty Player’

You know the old expression “you don’t know what you have until it’s gone”? The NFL lockout has reportedly ended before training camp has even begun, but that expression has fully applied to the world of sports over the past few months. Fans have been yearning for anything NFL-related like free agency and OTAs. More importantly, the lockout has robbed us of a whole mess of trash talk.

Sure, we have gotten the occasional cry-baby spazfest from guys like James Harrison, but there has been little talk to help fire us up for some real game action.  Last week, Ed Reed let a few more sparks fly within the Ravens-Steelers rivalry with his thoughts on Hines Ward.

“I love Hines as a player and I told him that,” Reed told the Baltimore Sun at his football camp. “But I told him also for a long time, ‘You’re a dirty player because I know how you play.’”

The history between Reed and Ward goes back a long time, as you probably know.  Reed is one of the game’s hardest hitters and probably doesn’t like the fact that Ward has dropped him with a block.  What Ed calls a “cheap shot,” some of us call being embarrassed that a receiver put you down.  As a receiver who isn’t afraid to throw a block, Ward is a dying breed.  Considering he is a respected veteran in the league and plays the game at full-speed, I doubt the officials will make anything of Reed saying he’s a dirty player.  Bottom line: football’s back.

Chest bump to Pro Football Talk

NFL Lockout Reportedly Over After Sides Agree to Terms of New CBA

The best kept secret for sports fans seems to have finally come through: the lockout is over. There were several hints that the players would approve the terms of the new CBA on Monday, and FOX NFL reporter Jay Glazer confirmed the news early Monday morning.

Glazer tweeted at 3:53am Monday morning that “Sources say 2 sides this hour FINALLY agree to terms of new CBA.” He added some important details on the timeline saying “Facilities open Tues, camp starts Thurs for 10 teams, Fri for 10, wkend for 12.”

Glazer also announced on JT The Brick’s show on FOX Sports Radio that the players hope to meet Tuesday and Wednesday to recertify as a union. You may recall that the Players Association had to decertify in order to sue the NFL owners. Once they recertify, they can “negotiate terms for the league’s drug programs, player discipline fines, workers comp, etc,” according to Glazer.

Here’s the audio from Glazer’s announcement on JT the Brick’s show:

We had heard for quite some time that the lockout was expected to end, but it’s no less exciting to hear this. I’m sure I can speak for everyone who enjoys this site by saying we’re absolutely stoked for camps to open and free agency to begin. Long live the NFL!

Eagles Are Kinda Sorta Maybe Maybe Not Interested in Brett Favre

Brett Favre rumors. Just like the man, they never seem to go away. All it took a few weeks ago was an NFL writer saying he thought Favre would be interested in talking to teams for a firestorm to be created. That wasn’t even Favre saying he was interested, just a writer saying so in a chat. Now we’re dealing with more of the same.

Eagles sideline reporter Howard Eskin reported Saturday (via Pro Football Talk) that Philly might be interested in Favre as a backup to Michael Vick once Kevin Kolb gets traded. That report makes some sense, but the question is whether Favre would be interested in such a thing.

FOX NFL reporter Jay Glazer shot down those rumors Sunday saying he spoke with two Eagles sources who emphatically denied the report. The problem is as Rotoworld says, it’s hard to trust what the Eagles say about potential trades and signings because they usually don’t tell the truth.

Making matters more interesting is what Michael Vick tweeted Sunday. “I would be honored to have Brett Farve as a backup,” he wrote (misspelling Favre’s name). Vick later deleted the tweet.

Mike Kafka is currently the other quarterback on Philly’s roster, so it would make sense for them to have interest in bringing someone else in. Personally I wouldn’t want Brett Favre on my team at all, but it’s hard to say he wouldn’t be better than most backups in the league.

Jay Cutler Reportedly Dumped Kristin Cavallari, Engagement Off

With all due respect to Kristin Cavallari, we really couldn’t understand how anyone could get married to Jay Cutler. He’s an off-putting guy who doesn’t seem like much fun to be around. We’ve even heard that most NFL players do not like him. So maybe the dissolution of their relationship is a good thing.

People Magazine reported Sunday that the engagement between the couple was off. “She got dumped,” a source told the magazine. “She’s absolutely devastated. She can’t believe this is happening.”

The couple got engaged in April and were planning a wedding for next spring. They even had an engagement party last week, according to Cavallari’s twitter.

People says Cavallari was spotted Saturday night Cavallari at a club in LA without her engagement ring. “She was hanging out at a table with Nicky Hilton and Alessandra Ambrosio,” a source tells PEOPLE. “She was telling friends how they called off the engagement.”

Cavallari seemed to come across as a supportive girlfriend, tweeting how pleased she was when the Bears drafted an offensive lineman to help protect Jay. While she’s probably disappointed, this is likely the best outcome for her in the long run.

Thanks to Sharapova’s Thigh for the tip