Quantcast

Pedophile Jerry Sandusky found guilty on 45 of 48 counts of child sex abuse

The jury did the right thing. After deliberating for two days, they found former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky guilty on 45 of 48 counts of sexual abuse.

Sandusky’s bail has been revoked and he’s headed to jail for what likely will be the rest of his life. He’s facing a maximum sentence of 442 years in prison.

Sandusky was convicted on five counts of deviant sexual intercourse with minors — each carry a maximum of 20 years. The only charges he was found not guilty on were two counts of indecent assault and one count of Involuntary deviate sexual intercourse. The Patriot-News has a full rundown on the verdict of all charges.

Sandusky’s lawyer says he will appeal the verdict because he says Sandusky still maintains his innocence. One of his objections is that no continuance was granted. That’s pretty much irrelevant at this point because Sandusky is finally toast.

The pedophile exited the courthouse after receiving his sentence and hardly showed any emotion. He walked out like he still hadn’t comprehended what happened, and he likely still doesn’t think he’s done anything wrong in his mind.

At least some justice seems to have been served. Next up, we those who helped cover up the crimes and allow Sandusky to run free must be brought to justice.

Jerry Sandusky’s adopted son reportedly was prepared to testify he was victim of father’s abuse

Jerry and Dottie Sandusky have adopted six children, and one of them reportedly was prepared to testify that he was a victim of his adoptive father’s abuse.

Matt Sandusky, 33, reportedly met with prosecutors this week to say for the first time that he was a victim of abuse by Jerry Sandusky.

The news came via a statement from the lawyers representing two of the alleged victims.

“During the trial, Matt Sandusky contacted us and requested our advice and assistance in arranging a meeting with prosecutors to disclose for the first time in this case that he is a victim of Jerry Sandusky’s abuse,” the statement reads. “At Matt’s request, we immediately arranged a meeting between him and the prosecutors and investigators.”

The statement continued: “This has been an extremely painful experience for Matt and he has asked us to convey his request that the media respect his privacy.”

Matt met Jerry at the Second Mile charity when he was 10 years old and he later went to live with the family. It was recently revealed that Matt’s former wife wanted a restraining order last year to keep Jerry Sandusky from hosting sleepovers with the couple’s three children. Matt Sandusky also reportedly attempted suicide in 1995, and his biological mother says her son was upset about staying with the Sanduskys.

What’s interesting is that Matt started off being supportive of Jerry, visiting him at his home after the charges came out and sitting with the family last week during the trial. He decided he was willing to testify against Jerry after the trial began.

His name was actually mentioned during the trial when the man known as “Victim 4″ testified.

[Read more...]

Kevin Durant sued by ’80s guitarist for use of ‘Durantula’ nickname

When Kevin Durant was emerging as one of the best players in the NBA, many people felt like he needed a nickname. It looks like the people who officially decided that “Durantula” would be his nickname picked a bad one.

According to TMZ, Durant was sued in Federal Court on Tuesday by a musician who claims that is his nickname. Mark Durante, a guitarist who played with Public Enemy (unrelated to the hip-hop group), The Aliens, The Next Big Thing, and other bands, says he used the Durantula nickname and has trademark rights to it.

The lawsuit reportedly says Durante adopted the name “Durantula” for his “on-stage and performance persona” — and has since used it to market “music, recordings, apparel, t-shirts, guitars, and related merchandise.”

Durant’s reps reportedly claimed they’re not using the nickname, but Durante says otherwise. He claims Nike used it for a T-shirt, and that Durant is selling autographed balls on his website with that nickname.

If this isn’t the dumbest lawsuit ever, then it’s close. If KD had just listened to our nickname suggestion, he wouldn’t be in trouble.

(Artwork above comes via the good work of Ball Don’t Lie)

Jerry Sandusky admitted in interview he sought children for his sexual needs? (Video)

Last November, Jerry Sandusky conducted an interview with Bob Costas of NBC that aired on “Rock Center.” Apparently NBC only chose to play a selection of the interview for its audience, because we’re just learning that Sandusky may have made somewhat of an admission of guilt while answering a question.

Sandusky had been talking about his involvement in The Second Mile charity before Costas pressed him.

“I’m a very passionate person in terms of trying to make a difference in the lives of some young people,” Sandusky said. “I worked very hard to try to connect with them. To make them feel good about themselves. To be something significant in their lives. Maybe this gets misinterpreted, has gotten depending on … I know a lot of young people where it hasn’t. I have worked with many, many young people where there has been no misinterpretation of my actions and I have made a very significant difference in their lives.”

Costas then challenged Sandusky.

“But isn’t what you’re just describing the classic MO of many pedophiles? And that is that they gain the trust of young people, they don’t necessarily abuse every young person. There were hundreds, if not thousands, of young boys you came into contact with, but there are allegations that at least eight of them were victimized.”

The video picks things up from there and shows Sandusky’s questionable answer:

[Read more...]

Pacman Jones ordered to pay over $11 million in damages for strip club shooting

Now that he’s going by the name Adam Jones, speaking to rookies at the NFL symposium, and not getting into as much trouble, it’s easy to forget what a bad boy Pacman Jones once was.

Several years ago Pacman was involved in a shooting at Minxx strip club in Las Vegas, Nevada that had three victims and left one person paralyzed from the waist down. Pacman allegedly created the madness when he made it rain at the club and got into a mixup with a stripper.

According to TMZ, a Nevada jury ruled on Friday that Pacman was responsible for the shooting, and they ordered him to pay $11.65 million to three different victims.

Security guard Thomas Urbanski, who was paralyzed from the waist down after being shot, got $9.6 million. The other security guard who was shot, Aaron Cudworth, was awarded $1.3 million in damages. Urbanski’s wife sued for loss of marital relations and won $750k.

Pacman likely doesn’t have that kind of money, so it remains to be seen how things will be worked out, but it’s safe to say he’ll be owing big money in the future.