Get Ready to Throw Up: Pac-10 Football Coach Salaries
When you think about priorities in this country, you realize they’re completely out of whack once you compare salaries of football coaches at universities with that of the professors. Then again, as they said in The Program, when was the last time 100,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a chemistry experiment? It is with that thought in mind that I present the salaries of the Pac-10 head football coaches.
- Pete Carroll, USC, $4 million
- Jeff Tedford, Cal, $1.8 million (not including $1 million signing bonus)
- Tyrone Willingham, Washington, $1,312,772
- Mike Riley, Oregon St., $850,000 guaranteed, likely $1.1 mil with incentives
- Mike Bellotti, Oregon, $475,000 guaranteed, incentives have pushed it over a million last five years
- Karl Dorrell, UCLA, $900,000 guaranteed
- Mike Stoops, $865,000 guaranteed, plus incentives
- Dennis Erickson, Arizona St., $500,000 guaranteed, plus incentives, jumps to $1.275 million in ’08
- Bill Doba, Washington St., $440,000 guaranteed, plus incentives, total around $600,00
- Jim Harbaugh, Stanford, $350,000 plus incentives
The Harbaugh and Carroll salaries are estimated since USC an Stanford are private schools and not forced to release their figures. All I know is that I will now be switching professions thank you very much.