Adrian Peterson sent to hospital after allergic reaction to seafood
Adrian Peterson‘s far-from-boring offseason continued when he was rushed to the hospital on Monday with an allergic reaction to seafood. Peterson is fine now but it was indeed a scary moment for him and the team when the running back’s face swelled and breathing worsened after a team lunch at Vikings training camp.
“Like 20 minutes after I ate, I went to lay down and felt my throat itching and my ears itching and all of a sudden my face swelled up,” Peterson said, according to NFL.com. “I couldn’t breathe out of my nose.”
After receiving treatment at a hospital in Mankato, Minn., Peterson has been cleared to resume rehabbing his surgically reconstructed knee.
“He’s doing fine,” Vikings coach Leslie Frazier told the Pioneer Press. “He’ll pick back up with his rehab (Tuesday). He’s been cleared. Everything’s back to normal now. Bit of a scare but he’s fine now.
“He had mentioned there was a time early in his life where he had an allergic reaction to something, maybe not quite as severe as this.”
As Shutdown Corner points out, allergies to seafood for some people can flare up for the first time in adulthood. So perhaps Peterson didn’t know what was in store for him when he chowed down on some jambalaya. Although, if you’re eating jambalaya, you’re probably asking for trouble in one form or another.
Photo: Geoff Burke-US PRESSWIRE