pixel 1
header
Monday, November 12, 2018

Gareon Conley files lawsuit against woman who accused him of rape

Gareon Conley

Gareon Conley avoided charges last year after a grand injury investigated sexual assault allegations that were made against him, but the star cornerback is not yet ready to put the case behind him entirely.

TMZ reports that Conley has filed a lawsuit against the woman who accused him of raping her days before the 2017 NFL Draft, claiming she damaged his reputation, hurt his draft stock and cost him an endorsement deal with Nike. Conley says the woman, Brooke Puscian, fabricated her entire story after she tried to have sex with him and he turned her down. The former Ohio State star says Puscian is guilty of committing “malicious criminal prosecution” after she lied to investigators.

Conley, who was drafted by the Oakland Raiders with the 24th overall pick last year, was expected to go higher in the first round prior to the sexual assault allegation. We’ve listed him as one of the players who has the potential to break out during the 2018 season.



Follow Larry Brown Sports on Twitter | Like us on Facebook for latest news

Comments

comments powered by Disqus