Quantcast
Ad Unit
Friday, November 28, 2014

Anderson Silva says he will fight again next year

Anderson SilvaAnderson Silva has been cleared to begin training at full force, and he already is planning his return to the octagon.

Silva said in an interview with MMA Heat’s Karyn Bryant that he is planning to resume fighting next year. UFC boss Dana White had been saying that Silva could return this year, but the Spider says he’ll be back next year.

Silva also says his leg is back to full strength. He said in the first month after snapping his leg against Chris Weidman that he was in a lot of pain, but his concerns eventually wore off.

Silva turned 39 in April but is still contracted for several more fights with the UFC. Last year he signed a 10-fight contract. We doubt he makes it that far, but it sounds like his career will be back on track before too long.

H/T Bloody Elbow

  • Filed Under:
  • MMA


Around The Web

Comments

comments powered by Disqus