pixel 1
header
Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Dana White changes tune on Conor McGregor, won’t rule out another fight

Conor McGregor belts

Dana White was furious with Conor McGregor after McGregor and his entourage attacked a bus outside a UFC event last week and basically ruined the fight card for UFC 223, but it sounds like White may feel a bit differently after sleeping on it.

Over the weekend, White was asked once again for his thoughts on McGregor’s arrest. While the UFC president initially hinted that McGregor may be done with the organization altogether, he wasn’t quite as animated on Saturday.

“We talked. It’s good,” White said after UFC 223, per Tristen Critchfield of Sherdog.com. “I think that there’s a mutual respect between us and obviously this week, I had so many things thrown at me. To focus on this show was insane. We’ll get back and we’ll focus on Conor McGregor.”

For comparison, here’s how White reacted in the hours after McGregor and his crew smashed some windows on a bus and injured two UFC fighters in the process.

McGregor is facing some serious charges in the wake of the incident, and he has a court date scheduled for June. Before the mayhem, White said the lightweight champion was expected to fight again later this year. Even with McGregor in serious legal trouble, White is not ruling anything out.

“We had talked about him fighting in September,” White said. “I don’t know. You can’t ask me anything about Conor. I don’t know anything. I haven’t thought about it. There’s nothing to think about this week except for the event.”

No one would have blamed White for immediately suspending McGregor or cutting ties with him altogether after seeing the footage of the bus attack, but the Irishman is the biggest draw the sport has. Money almost always trumps morals, and it appears this situation is no different.

Follow Larry Brown Sports on Twitter | Like us on Facebook for latest news

Comments

comments powered by Disqus