pixel 1
header
Thursday, September 20, 2018

Dana White: Conor McGregor bus incident was ‘furthest thing’ from PR stunt

Conor McGregor belts

There has been some speculation that Conor McGregor and his entourage attacking a UFC bus outside a media event on Thursday was some WWE-style promotional stunt, but Dana White has put that talk to rest.

In an appearance on ESPN’s “Get Up!” Friday morning, White responded to those who believe McGregor’s arrest and the events leading up to it were staged.

“This is the last stunt on earth we would ever pull,” White said. “This is embarrassing for the sport and for the UFC. This is the furthest thing from a stunt.”

McGregor and his entourage were targeting Khabib Nurmagomedov when they vandalized the bus outside the Barclays Center. Khabib confronted Artem Lobov, McGregor’s SBG Ireland teammate, at the fighters’ hotel earlier in the week. White said McGregor expressed regret over two other fighters who were on the bus getting injured but was not apologetic for the way things were handled.

As we showed you with some of the footage from the incident, windows on the bus were smashed and shards of glass went flying. Michael Chiesa ended up with several cuts on his face and Ray Borg got particles of glass in his eyes, resulting in both fighters being removed from the UFC 223 card.

McGregor turned himself into authorities on Thursday evening and is facing some serious charges. White has already indicated that the Irishman could be done with the UFC.

Follow Larry Brown Sports on Twitter | Like us on Facebook for latest news

Comments

comments powered by Disqus