Richie Incognito was tracked down for his first comments since being suspended indefinitely by the Miami Dolphins on Sunday for his alleged mistreatment of teammate Jonathan Martin, who left the team last week.
WSVN-7′s Alex DiPrato caught up with Incognito as the lineman was leaving an appointment in Weston, Fla., on Tuesday.
Incognito told DiPrato he was “doing well” and then made some additional remarks.
“You know what, I’m just trying to weather the storm right now,” Incognito said. “This will pass.”
Though this is the biggest story in sports right now, Incognito’s probably right. Riley Cooper has been playing for the Philadelphia Eagles all season despite the video of him dropping an n-bomb on someone being released in July. Michael Vick made it back to the NFL (though he is still hated) despite being locked up in prison for financing a dog fighting ring.
Incognito already had multiple strikes against him when the Dolphins picked him up in 2010, but he’s played well enough in the past four seasons that we’re guessing this won’t be it for his NFL career. He might not be back with the Dolphins, but someone may pick him up down the line.
Oh, and to really upset some of you, WSVN says Incognito was inspecting a new Ferrari delivered to his home on Tuesday.