Quantcast

Miami Dolphins seemingly pull all Richie Incognito products from Pro Shop

Richie-Incognito-Pro-Shop

Richie Incognito has not been officially released by the Miami Dolphins, although a recent report indicated he has almost certainly played his last snap for the team. In order to avoid a potential grievance, the Dolphins will likely wait for the NFL and NFL Players Association to complete their investigation before making a move. That does not mean they have taken no steps to phase Incognito out.

As TMZ first noted, a search for “Richie Incognito” on the official website of the Dolphins’ Pro Shop turns up no results. It would appear that the team has stopped selling any jerseys or memorabilia pertaining to the 30-year-old offensive lineman.

It’s possible that the Dolphins did not have any Incognito merchandise for sale before he was suspended, but it seems unlikely. When you search the names of several other offensive lineman — including Jonathan Martin — you have the option of at least buying a plaque with that player’s photo on it. We saw the Patriots do this with Aaron Hernandez merchandise shortly after he was arrested in June.

A representative from the Pro Shop told Larry Brown Sports that she had no information on whether the team intentionally pulled Incognito products from its store.

Previously:
Video: Richie Incognito drops N-bomb during shirtless fit of rage
Jonathan Martin reportedly went AWOL after cafeteria prank
Jonathan Martin reportedly called ‘Big Weirdo,’ bullied by teammates
Richie Incognito said to be one of Jonathan Martin’s main tormenters
Jonathan Martin-Richie Incognito text message conversation
Jonathan Martin reportedly left Dolphins because of emotional issues, not bullying
Jonathan Martin ‘genuinely scared’ of what Richie Incognito might do to him
Richie Incognito suspended indefinitely by Dolphins

Miami Dolphins ask NFL to investigate Jonathan Martin situation

Miami Dolphins logoThe Miami Dolphins are planning to look into the Jonathan Martin situation and have asked the NFL to do the same after receiving allegations of player misconduct from Martin’s representation.

Here’s what the Dolphins said in a statement on Sunday:

“We received notification today from Jonathan’s representation about allegations of player misconduct. We are taking these allegations very seriously and plan to review the matter further. We have also reached out to the NFL and asked them to conduct an objective and thorough review. As an organization, we are committed to a culture of team-first accountability and respect for one another.”

Earlier in the day, the Dolphins released a statement addressing the situation. At the time, they called the bullying accusations “speculation.” That was obviously before they received the allegations from Martin’s rep.

“The Miami Dolphins, including Coach Joe Philbin and Jonathan’s teammates, have been in communication with Jonathan and his family since his departure from the club and continue to be in contact. Our primary concern for Jonathan is his overall health and well-being. As an organization, we take any accusations of player misconduct seriously. The notion of bullying is based on speculation and has not been presented to us as a concern from Jonathan or anyone else internally. The reports that the NFLPA is investigating our players are inaccurate. Additionally, the NFL offered its assistance during this time, which we appreciated and gladly accepted. We will continue to make Jonathan’s health and well-being a focus as we do with all of our players.”

The NFLPA may not have been investigating any of the Dolphins players before, but you can bet the NFL is looking into things now. NFLPA head DeMaurice Smith is monitoring the situation and reportedly has spoken with Incognito.

Mike Wallace reportedly upset with lack of usage in win

Mike WallaceMike Wallace was upset with his lack of usage in the Miami Dolphins’ 23-10 Week 1 win over the Cleveland Browns on Sunday, according to a report.

Wallace, who was signed to a five-year, $60 million deal by the team in free agency, only caught one pass for 15 yards. He was targeted five times and was upset that he was hardly a part of the team’s offensive gameplan.

The Miami Herald’s Armando Salguero says Wallace was escorted off the field in Cleveland by GM Jeff Ireland, and that the receiver was among the first to get dressed and exit the locker room. Salguero also says Wallace was not in the mood to talk after the game.

From Salguero:

[Read more...]

Miami Dolphins accidentally tweeted a wardrobe malfunction

Dolphins-wardrobe-malfunction-edited

The headline pretty much speaks for itself, but for those of you who like seeing things written out here it is. The Miami Dolphins tweeted a picture of second-year receiver Marvin McNutt on Thursday night to brag about how desperate reporters were to speak with him after his game-winning catch against the New Orleans Saints. They should have paid closer attention to what was going on in the background.

Off in the distance, a player was getting changed. And that player happened to be at the part of getting changed where you have absolutely no clothes on. Fortunately, the head of one reporter prevented it from becoming a full-moon situation, but it was about three-quarters. Put it this way — it was bright. For those of you who for whatever reason want to see more, Deadspin shared an unedited version with us:

[Read more...]

Miami Dolphins kick off rookie haircut hazing with horrible dye jobs

Dolphins-haircut-hazing

The official start of NFL training camp reminds us that football season is just around the corner. It also happens to be one of my favorite times of the year for another reason — rookie haircut hazing.

The Miami Dolphins decided to kick off the annual tradition this year with a unique spin. Rather than simply attacking their rookies with a set of clippers, the Dolphins’ veterans busted out some hair dye and made their newcomers look like a schizophrenic version of Sisqo. Miami defensive tackle Randy Starks posted the photo you see above on Instagram Monday and shared a couple more on Twitter:

[Read more...]

Karlos Dansby said he found out Dolphins cut him by text message and ESPN

Linebacker Karlos Dansby is one of the latest cap casualties of the 2013 offseason, as the Miami Dolphins announced on Wednesday morning that they have cut the 10-year veteran. Dansby was signed through the 2014 season, so many believed he would be cut after the upcoming year. The Dolphins instead decided to clear some cap space now in an attempt to keep getting younger.

Many veteran players who are cut are taken by surprise, but Dansby reminded us on Wednesday that it’s always a good idea to keep your cell phone handy when the free agent period begins. During an interview with Sid Rosenberg on 640 AM in Miami, Dansby said he found out about his release in an unfortunate manner.

Hey, at least Ireland attempted to let him know first. Stories like this haven’t exactly given the Dolphins GM the best reputation, but he tried. Rosenberg said that Dansby sounded “hurt” by the fact that he was cut. The 31-year-old said he truly had no idea he was going to be let go.

“Not one indication, not a hint,” he said, via Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post. “It was all, ‘Let’s get ready for the next season.’ I’m not angry with the organization. I know it’s business. … I was expecting this after this season, though.”

I’m sure there are plenty of players around the league who have felt the exact same way over the past few weeks, and there are probably more to come. When it comes to making business transactions, no player is off-limits.

Could this be the Miami Dolphins’ new logo? (Picture)

Dolphins-new-logo

In another week, the Miami Dolphins will head into the offseason looking to continue their rebuilding project. Over the summer, there was some speculation that the team could unveil a new logo for the 2013 season. According to the Dolphins fan site DolFansNYC.com, there is a good chance the image you see above is a very close sketch of what the new logo will look like.

According to the site, Dolphins CEO Mike Dee spike with a group of Dolphins webmasters and told them that the new logo would be a mix of modern and retro and that navy would still be an accent color. Here is how DolFansNYC.com says the photo surfaced:

[Read more...]