pixel 1
Monday, March 19, 2018

Paul Heyman says Brock Lesnar could still return to UFC

Brock Lesnar

Brock Lesnar is now 40 and has not fought in the UFC in nearly two years, but the WWE superstar’s promoter says Lesnar has not yet closed the book on his mixed martial arts career.

In a brief chat with TMZ this week, Paul Heyman was asked if there is any truth to the rumors that Lesnar could soon make a UFC return.

“If Brock Lesnar wants to fight in UFC, Brock Lesnar will fight in UFC,” Heyman said. “If Brock Lesnar wants to fight in WWE, he will fight in WWE. … Brock Lesnar does what Brock Lesnar wants to do.”

When asked if fighting again after two years off (or possibly more) would be a problem, Heyman said he actually feels it would be an advantage for Lesnar.

“The time away actually makes him better because his body gets a chance to heal,” he said. “The problem with these UFC fighters, and they’re all fantastic athletes, is that they wear their bodies down in these training camps. All of these guys that are cutting weight are just destroying their own bodies. Brock Lesnar is probably the healthiest fighter to enter UFC if he decides to do that.”

If you remember, Heyman said last year that Lesnar has never had a UFC fight when he was at his peak physical condition because of his battles with diverticulitis.

Heyman dominated Mark Hunt at UFC 200 in July 2016, but the win was later vacated because he failed multiple drug tests. It’s unclear if he has even re-entered the USADA testing pool, which is something he would have to do before his suspension could be lifted.

Follow Larry Brown Sports on Twitter | Like us on Facebook for latest news


comments powered by Disqus