Reid Flair reportedly died from heroin, prescription drug overdose
Reid Flair, the son of wrestler Ric Flair, died in March because a lethal mix of heroin and other prescription drugs, an autopsy released on Friday by the Mecklenburg County Medical Examiner’s office showed.
In addition to heroin, the autopsy says Flair had traces of clonazepam, a muscle relaxant, and alprazolam, an anti-anxiety drug commonly marketed as Xanax, in his system. Flair’s mother suspected her son died of a drug overdose.
According to the autopsy report, the medical examiner noted that Fliehr’s lungs were extremely heavy and congested. There was a small amount of bloody fluid noted in his larynx and trachea.
The medical examiner also noted a moderate degree of cerebral edema, an excess accumulation of fluid in the spaces of the brain.
Reid Flair, whose real last name is Fliehr, was found by his father unresponsive inside a Charlotte hotel room on March 29. He was 25 years old and had recently been wrestling for All Japan Pro-Wrestling.