Ronda Rousey has spoken openly for the last two years about wanting to get pregnant with her husband Travis Browne, and the couple is finally expecting.
Rousey and Browne announced in a YouTube video on Wednesday morning that Rousey is four months pregnant. The couple shared an inside look at the appointment they had when they found out back in January that they have a baby on the way. Rousey said there is “definitely much more to the story that we’ll be telling later.”
You can see the video below:
“Thank you everybody for all the well wishes and positivity to get us to this point,” Rousey said. “We’re really excited for you all to meet (censored) just like we are.”
A graphic flashed throughout the video that said “GENDER REVEAL TO COME!” Rousey was censored with the graphic when she either said the name of the baby or gender, so it sounds like her and Travis have found out already.
Dustin Poirier made a surprising claim over the weekend that Conor McGregor ghosted him on a charity donation after the two fought back in January, and McGregor is so irate about the situation that he claims he is backing out of his rematch against Poirier.
In response to some trash talk on Sunday, Poirier tweeted that McGregor promised to make a donation to his charity, The Good Fight Foundation, after the two fought earlier this year. Poirier said McGregor’s team stopped responding after Poirier knocked out The Notorious at UFC 257. McGregor fired back by claiming there was no set plan for where the money would be going.
A donation, not a debt. We’ve been awaiting the plans for the money that never came. I do with all my donations. Know where it’s going dot for dot. Otherwise it goes walking. As is the case with a lot of these foundations, sadly. You took the McG over the belt shows I was right.
100% never a debt. You offered, we accepted, and like I said your Team never responded to our emails regarding the process of where funds would be put to work! July 10th you will taste defeat yet Again https://t.co/k3Cu9DG1Me
It appears McGregor only became more angry after sleeping on it. The former lightweight champion took to social media again on Monday to unload on Poirier. McGregor said he is calling off the third fight between the two, which is supposed to take place at UFC 264 on July 10. We’ve edited the tweets for profanity.
“You’re ripped you inbred hillbilly. Why do you wink with your ears? You f—ing brain dead hillbilly. 500k with no plan in place. Ye hang tight. Fool. You must be new to money. The fight is off btw. I’m going to fight someone else on the 10th. Good luck on your old contract kid,” McGregor wrote.
“My team does their due diligence to make sure every donation meets the mark,” he wrote. “My generosity is known. You will pay with your brain for this attempt at smearing my name. Shooting a– shelling a– b—h. Little b—h kicks from a shell. Good luck when you’re caught. You’re f—ed.”
We wouldn’t write the fight off just yet. McGregor is a master promotor, which is why he remains so popular even after losing two of his last three fights. This could simply be his and Poirier’s way of trying to build more hype for the rematch.
McGregor was knocked out by Poirier in the second round back in January. Some hilarious memes were created of him laying on the mat (see them here), so we’d be surprised if he didn’t want another shot at Poirier.
Jon Jones deleted some tweets on Monday in which he vented about his status with the UFC.
The 33-year-old last fought in February 2020, when he successfully defended his UFC Light Heavyweight Championship. He has spent time preparing for a move up to the heavyweight division, but he has not secured a fight yet.
After watching Francis Ngannou beat Stipe Miocic at UFC 260 on Saturday, Jones sent a message to the UFC. He wants them to step up and give him more money to fight Ngannou.
The UFC does not appear to be meeting Jones’ financial desires, which led the fighter to send some tweets out of frustration. On Monday, Jones told the UFC to just release him already and said their handling of him was “depressing.”
Jones has consistently expressed a desire for more pay, which he believes he deserves considering the growth of the company.
I always hear about how much the company is growing yet one year later I find myself in the same spot. I put in the work, I’ve done my part. I have completely transformed myself and now I meet a brick wall.. how discouraging
Stipe Miocic was taken to the hospital as a precaution after losing to Francis Ngannou at UFC 260 in Las Vegas on Saturday night.
Miocic beat Ngannou in 2018 for his third defense of his UFC Heavyweight Championship. But Ngannou beat him this time, knocking him out in the second round of their fight to become the new heavyweight champ.
Ngannou caught Miocic with big left hands twice in the second round. The first knocked Miocic into the cage and led to plenty of follow-up damage. Then about 10 seconds later, Ngannou dropped Miocic for good with a huge left.
The defeat marked Miocic’s first since his loss to Daniel Cormier in 2018. He was taken to the hospital after the loss for a CT scan, according to the UFC.
Stipe Miocic was transported to the hospital for a precautionary CT Scan, per the UFC. #UFC260
Jon Jones shared a simple message on Saturday night after Francis Ngannou had a big win over Stipe Miocic at UFC 260 in Las Vegas.
Ngannou knocked out Miocic in the second round of their fight, avenging a loss to Miocic in 2018. Ngannou (16-3, 12 KOs) is now the UFC Heavyweight Champion. Jones has moved up from light heavyweight to heavyweight and would be prepared to fight Ngannou. Only he has one message: meet my price tag.
UFC boss Dana White questioned whether Jones actually wants to fight Ngannou after Francis’ performance on Saturday night. White suggested that Jones might want to move down in weight to avoid Ngannou.
White: If I'm Jon Jones and I'm home watching this [Miocic-Ngannou] fight, I start moving to 185 #UFC260
This is only Yan’s second professional MMA loss and first since he joined the UFC.
Sterling says he is ready and willing to fight Yan again.
Not the way I ever want to win a fight. It was close, competitive and filled with action. I felt the knee was intentional, especially after the ref announced I was a downed opponent, so I didn’t expect to be hit. Yan is a bad dude! WE WILL DO IT AGAIN!#UFC259
Jon Jones couldn’t wait to unload the trash talk on Twitter after Israel Adesanya lost on Saturday night.
Adesanya lost to Jan Blachowicz at UFC 259 in Las Vegas, Nev. for his first professional loss. He was previously 20-0 and had stepped up for his UFC light heavyweight debut, but Blachowicz beat him via unanimous decision.
Jones, who vacated the light heavyweight title to pursue the heavyweight title, started talking his trash on Twitter.
“Can’t wait to make this b-tch eat his words,” Jones said on one tweet (edited by LBS for profanity).
Then Jones decided fighting and beating Adesanya wouldn’t even be worth it.
Conor McGregor has become just as well known for hawking his whiskey brand over the last few years as he has been for fighting. But his connection with the alcohol company may be loosening.
In 2018, McGregor and a few business partners launched Proper No. Twelve Irish Whiskey. The new alcohol brand was worked into McGregor’s deal with the UFC, which allowed him to promote it before, during and after his fights.
McGregor and his two business partners originally owned 80 percent of the company, while Becle, a Mexican drinks conglomerate, owned the other 20 percent. Over time, Becle increased its ownership stake in the company. First they increased their stake to 49 percent in 2020 at a valuation of $235 million. Then, as Whisky Cast reported on Monday, Becle recently acquired the other 51 percent. The deal for the remaining 51 percent stake is expected to close in the second quarter of 2021.
If Becle now owns 100 percent of the company, that suggests McGregor sold his share for a large amount of money. It also calls into question what kind of association the popular 32-year-old fighter will have with the brand moving forward.
Dana White is a self-proclaimed gambling degenerate, and he once experienced a 7-figure loss.
White joined ESPN’s “Daily Wager” program last week and talked about sports betting. White says he enjoys betting on sports because it makes the game more interesting and said he is happy that states are legalizing it.
The UFC boss also revealed that he lost $1 million betting on a boxing fight in 2007.
White was asked about a bet that still bothers him. He recalled when Jermain Taylor lost to Kelly Pavlik.
“I bet $1 million on Taylor, and he got destroyed,” White recalled. “It was the first time I ever bet $1 million dollars because I was so confident Taylor was going to win that fight.”
White really brought back some memories by invoking Taylor and Pavlik. And if you have the kind of money he has now, $1 million isn’t a huge sum the way it is for the rest of us. Sadly, many of us do have similar stories about money we’ve lost betting on sports events.
Dan Le Batard was not on good terms with ESPN when he parted ways with the network late last year, and he is once again criticizing his former employer.
MMA star-turned-actor Gina Carano was fired from her role in the series “The Mandalorian” earlier this week over some controversial remarks she made on social media. Carano compared the way German people turned on their Jewish neighbors prior to the Holocaust to the way people have turned against those with right wing political views. ESPN MMA insider Ariel Helwani, who is Jewish, shared his thoughts on Carano’s rant in a video he posted on Instagram.
UFC president Dana White defended Carano for making a mistake and said people should leave her alone. He then chastised Helwani for making it “all about him” and called the journalist a nasty word.
Here's Dana White calling Ariel Helwani – a Jewish man – a "douche" for having an opinion on Carano's repeated, and very public anti-semitism.
Defending MMA (& pro wrestling for that matter) has always been an uphill battle but these last few years have been incredibly trying. pic.twitter.com/DWnmitFCxH
Ryan Glasspiegel reached out to ESPN for a comment on White insulting Helwani, but the network chose not to respond. Le Batard called out ESPN for being “complicit” by not defending Helwani.
If @ESPN is interested in journalism, it can ask some questions here of bully and corporate partner @danawhite. There is certainly a douche here. But it ain’t the journalist @arielhelwani. Pick a side, ESPN. Quiet is complicit. — Dan https://t.co/hPLzHI8v1K
Helwani is one of the most respected reporters in MMA. Since he’s also Jewish, it makes sense that he addressed Carano’s remarks. You’d expect ESPN to defend him, but perhaps Le Batard is right that the network is being conscious of its business relationship with White.