The WWE obtained an emergency restraining order against a notorious fan earlier this month.
You may recall that Armando Montalvo, who was described in the past as a “deranged” fan by WWE, was shot outside the WWE Performance Center in Orlando in 2015. He was believed to be in possession of a knife at the time. Montalvo also had spread urine and feces outside the building and posted a video on YouTube of it. The WWE obtained a restraining order against him at that time and has done so again.
TMZ Sports reports that WWE sought and was granted a restraining order against Montalvo for harassing WWE employees at an event venue in March. They also say he threatened wrestlers and staff in an Instagram video posted in April, which led them to seek the restraining order.
Montalvo showed documents on his Instagram account that seem to confirm the restraining orders he received.
- Armando Montalvo
Many WWE fans were left surprised when Brock Lesnar defeated Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 34 on Sunday, mainly because Lesnar’s contract was set to expire and there have been rumors that he will return to the UFC. Apparently that is not the plan, at least for now.
The WWE announced on Monday that Lesnar has re-signed with the organization and will defend his Universal Title against Reigns again in a steel cage match at the Greatest Royal Rumble. It’s unclear how long Lesnar’s extension runs, but the Greatest Royal Rumble will be held on April 27.
One report claimed Lesnar had a “real-life verbal altercation” with Vince McMahon after WrestleMania, but apparently that was nothing too serious. There was speculation that the argument had to do with Lesnar going off-script against Reigns, and some people felt he may have been too aggressive in delivering elbows during the match.
UFC president Dana White recently confirmed that Lesnar will fight in the UFC again, but no timeline has been given for that. Perhaps McMahon agreed to let Lesnar fight in the octagon at some point during his WWE contract.
- Brock Lesnar
Brock Lesnar defeated Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 34 on Sunday night to retain the Universal Championship, which has left many wondering what that means for his expiring WWE contract. To add even more uncertainty to the situation, Lesnar reportedly got into a heated altercation with his boss after the event.
Ryan Satin of ProWreslingSheet.com reports that Lesnar and WWE CEO Vince McMahon got into a “real-life verbal altercation” following Lesnar’s match against Reigns. It’s unclear exactly what sparked the conflict, but speculation is that it may have had something to do with Lesnar going off-script.
Details are still scarce, but we’re told Lesnar was livid when he returned to the backstage gorilla position and went off on the WWE Chairman … who was not happy about it.
Sources tell us the brief, but heated incident ended with Brock throwing the Universal Title belt — some say at Vince, some say at a wall — then walking away. No word yet on what set him off.
We’re told there’s a belief that Brock may have gone off script a little bit near the end of the match, but we’ve been unable to confirm if this is true.
At one point during the match, Lesnar hit Reigns with some vicious elbows to the head. Reigns was left a bloody mess following the shots, though in typical WWE fashion it was difficult to get a feel for the authenticity, so to speak.
— DBKN (@KiingDeno) April 9, 2018
Based on everything we have heard recently about Lesnar continuing his MMA career, it’s unclear what his future looks like in wrestling. If he’s having issues with McMahon, that could make everyone’s decision easier.
Brock Lesnar’s current deal with the WWE is set to expire at some point after WrestleMania 34 this weekend, and there has been speculation that he is planning to venture back into the world of mixed martial arts. That has now been confirmed.
In an appearance on FOX Sports 1 on Wednesday night, UFC president Dana White confirmed that Lesnar will fight in the octagon again.
Dana White dropping news that Brock Lesnar is coming back to the octagon. pic.twitter.com/FUGHO21i8O
— FOX Sports: UFC (@UFCONFOX) April 5, 2018
“Yeah, Brock Lesnar is coming back,” White said. “I don’t know when, but yes he is.”
White is a genius promoter who has been known to keep hype alive even when things aren’t official, but longtime MMA reporter Ariel Helwani was told a deal betweenLesnar and the UFC is in place and simply needs to be finalized.
According to multiple sources, this isn’t promoter talk from White. UFC is confident Lesnar will be back after his WWE duties are wrapped up on Sunday. A deal is in place. Key now is to finalize it. https://t.co/ttaxduf15J
— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) April 5, 2018
We got the impression based on some remarks his promoter recently made that Lesnar, 40, feels he has unfinished business in the UFC. In his last fight back in July 2016, Lesnar dominated Mark Hunt but had the win vacated over multiple failed drug tests. He was suspended for a year but then retired in February 2017, so Lesnar would have to serve however much time is remaining on his suspension before he could fight in the UFC again.
- Brock Lesnar
Ronda Rousey has been fully focused on her professional wrestling career as she gets set for her big match at WrestleMania 34 next month, but she apparently has not completely closed the book on mixed martial arts. At least, that’s what we gathered from an incredibly awkward interview on Tuesday morning.
While appearing as a guest on “Golic and Wingo,” Rousey was asked about the moment when she finally decided she was finished with her MMA career. She sternly replied that she never said anything of the sort, and things got tense in a hurry. Here’s the exchange:
Well this is painfully awkward. Ronda Rousey misunderstands question, gets annoyed. pic.twitter.com/Pt7XwVRazh
— Cork Gaines (@CorkGaines) March 27, 2018
Golic may have worded his question poorly, but Rousey knew exactly what he was asking. She obviously took advantage of the poor phrasing by acting like she thought Golic was talking about time travel, when it was clear he was asking if she would ever fight in the UFC again.
Rousey is trying to carve out an identity for herself as a no-nonsense enforcer in the WWE, so it’s possible she was also just staying in character during her interview with Golic. Whatever the case, she’s clearly not yet ready to call herself retired from the octagon.
Daniel Bryan has not wrestled in the WWE in nearly three years, and it seemed all but certain that his career inside the ring was over when he retired due to concussions in February 2016. But now, the door is officially open for the fan favorite to return.
WWE officials confirmed to Brian Campbell of CBS Sports on Tuesday that Bryan has been medically cleared to wrestle. The 36-year-old has been cleared by three outside neurosurgeons, neurologists and concussion experts in addition to WWE medical director Dr. Joseph Maroon.
Bryan has hinted at a return on numerous occasions, even saying that he would look to wrestle elsewhere when his WWE contract expires in September if the organization still would not clear him after outside doctors did. He has been serving as the on-screen general manager for SmackDown Live, and there are already rumblings that his first match back could be at WrestleMania 34 on April 8.
Bryan fought back tears during an emotional speech when he retired three years ago. He spoke about the toll concussions have taken on his body and said he planned to start a family with his wife, WWE superstar Brie Bella. In a recent interview with The National, Bryan expressed frustration with the WWE for not clearing him.
“I have done everything in my power. Everything they have asked me to and I have gone above and beyond as far as ‘Okay, what doctors do you need me to see. Send me to any doctor you want, any doctor that you want and lets get their feedback on what is going on with me,'” he said. “So far every doctor has cleared me that they have sent me too and so there is a chance. I used to think that the percentage of the WWE ever clearing me was low. I think with the stuff that I have done it has gone a little higher but I don’t know how much higher.”
You could tell how much of a beloved WWE icon Bryan was with the way fans reacted during his retirement speech, so talk of his return should be overwhelmingly positive.
- Daniel Bryan
WWE superstar Jeff Hardy was arrested for driving while impaired after he crashed his car in North Carolina on Saturday, and police say he was heavily intoxicated at the time of the accident.
According to a police report obtained by TMZ Sports, Hardy was involved a single-car crash just after 8 p.m. on Saturday while driving his 2016 Cadillac CTS-V sedan. He took a breathalyzer test and blew a .25, which is more than three times the legal limit of .08. He was immediately arrested and taken into custody.
Marc Middleton of WrestlingInc.com provided some more details surrounding the incident:
The police report notes that Hardy totaled his 2016 Cadillac with an estimated $8,000 in damages. The VIN listed on the police report is registered to a 2016 Cadillac CTS-V. Hardy was not traveling over the speed limit but was going an estimated 50 mph at the time of impact. The area of the accident is about 2 hours from Hardy’s home in Cameron, NC. The report also indicates Hardy underwent some sort of test for alcohol but that the results were pending at the time of the arrest.
Officer Kelemecz wrote the following on the accident:
“Driver of Vehicle #1 ran off the roadway to the right, in turn striking about 105 feet of guardrail before the back end of the car spun out 90 degrees to the left, coming to rest in the middle of the right N bound lane of travel. The driver was arrested and charged with DWI.”
The police report lists an estimated $5,000 in damages to the 105 foot of guardrail, owned by the NC Department of Transportation. This could be a factor in any restitution that the court orders Hardy to pay.
Hardy has had his driver’s license suspended for 30 days, which is standard in North Carolina following a DWI arrest. Hardy’s first court date is scheduled for Monday, April 16th in Cabarrus County.
The WWE has since issued a statement regarding the arrest.
“Jeff Hardy is responsible for his own personal actions,” the statement read. “We are investigating the matter and awaiting information from local law enforcement officials.”