Darko Milicic takes high road in response to Carmelo Anthony shade
Darko Milicic took the high road in response to some recent shade from Carmelo Anthony.
Melo was on an Instagram Live conversation with friend Dwyane Wade on Friday and talked about their careers. Anthony pretended not to know who was drafted ahead of him at No. 2 overall (Detroit took Milicic). Anthony also said that if the Pistons took him instead of Darko, he would have won a few championships.
Milicic, who is 34 and a farmer in Serbia now, responded in comments to Serbian outlet Blic.
Here is the rough translation via Google Translate. The takeaway theme is that Milicic was taking the high road.
“As for these stories, so if my story is not told, they thank God have succeeded – I have not. We are not kids, we are adults, I hope, mature to understand that life is full of ups and downs. Advice to them, since I consider them less good guys, you should not be judged and ridiculed when thank God you didn’t last time I am, and you didn’t have a job at the beginning of your career with a vain and meanwhile senile Larry Brown who might be trying to explain to you that what you are actually doing best is not good for you and trying to make you something you are not really and still be humiliated for everything you do well. As always, I wish them all the best and every honor on their careers and in further life, many successes and less condemnation,” he said.
Milicic was only 18 when he was drafted and barely played until he was traded to Orlando after three seasons with Detroit. Had he been selected outside of the lottery and later in the first or even the second round, he wouldn’t have been ridiculed for his career. Instead, he had the misfortune of being selected behind LeBron James and before Carmelo, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade. You had four possible Hall of Famers in five picks, and Darko was taken ahead of three of them. That’s a rough legacy.
The last time Milicic played in a game last year, he was looking massive.