pixel 1
header
Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Lamar Odom calls situation with BIG3 a ‘miscommunication’

Lamar Odom

Lamar Odom seemed upset last month over the way his brief tenure with the BIG3 came to an abrupt end, but it sounds as though he has smoothed some things over with the league and founder Ice Cube in the weeks since.

Odom was asked by TMZ over the weekend about his deactivation from the BIG3, and he immediately waved his hand as if to say it is no big deal. He then called it a “miscommunication.”

“I guess it was a miscommunication, but it’s over,” Odom said. “I wish them well and all the success — Ice Cube and anybody that has anything to do with the BIG3. And I hope (his former team) the Enemies win.”

Ice Cube indicated that health and decreased ability may have been contributing factors to Odom never catching on with the BIG3, and Odom said he was frustrated with that because he had been open and honest with the league from the start. He then said in a lengthy statement on Instagram that he found out about being cut on social media and was embarrassed by how everything unfolded. It sounds like he has spoken with Ice Cube since.

Odom also said he is looking into returning to the Philippines to play and called it a “strong possibility” that it will happen. The 39-year-old has made it clear he is not giving up on playing basketball professionally.



Follow Larry Brown Sports on Twitter | Like us on Facebook for latest news

Read more LBS stories:

Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast!

Sports News Minute Podcast

Comments

comments powered by Disqus