
Under fire for his alleged role in the sexual assault scandal that has rocked Michigan State, veteran coach Tom Izzo is planning to stay right where he is.
Addressing the media Friday after a win over Wisconsin, Izzo said that he is “not going anywhere” and is “definitely not retiring,” per the Big Ten Network.
"I'm definitely not retiring."
– Michigan State head coach Tom Izzo addresses the media following Friday night's game. pic.twitter.com/pr9pKmUopf
— Big Ten Network (@BigTenNetwork) January 27, 2018

Izzo’s comments come in the wake of a bombshell report by ESPN’s Outside the Lines earlier in the day that named Izzo as well as Spartans head football coach Mark Dantonio. The report alleged that Izzo and Dantonio did not properly handle various complaints of sexual assault and violence involving their respective programs over the last several years.
Dantonio also met with the media a few hours before Izzo did, denying any misconduct and saying that he would remain in his position as well.
Mark Dantonio denies reports that he mishandled complaints of sexual assault and says he will not be resigning as Michigan State's head football coach
(via @thesnews) pic.twitter.com/IlO3ttkXvH— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) January 27, 2018
Izzo, 62, has coached the Spartans since the 1995-96 season, leading the team to 20 consecutive NCAA Tournament appearances and counting, including seven Final Four berths and one national championship victory.
Michigan State president Lou Anna Simon resigned earlier in the week with the school also dealing with the fallout from their association with disgraced ex-USA Gymnastics team doctor Larry Nassar. Spartans athletic director Mark Hollis has stepped down as well. For now though, it does not look like Dantonio or Izzo will be following suit.