18 percent of sports fans admit to checking scores while on date & other great facts
Motricity commissioned a national survey to find out how sports fans are using their mobile phones. The findings are pretty interesting, and as someone pretty sports-obsessed, I have to admit I pleaded guilty to many of the charges.
Where do you fit in? The results are below:
79% of sports fans have used their device(s) for watching or following sports this past year (guilty)
55% can’t wait for the final score and have tracked game scores using their device(s) (guilty)
87% have given into temptations and checked on a sports during an inappropriate time:
- - 50% have gone to the restroom in order to check the score (guilty)
– 55% have taken a peek at their device during dinner (guilty)
– 23% have disregarded pre-show reminders and checked scores while at the movies (not guilty)
– 1 in 5 (18%) have dared to check scores during a date (guilty)
– 1 in 7 (14%) have even checked a score while at church (n/a)
While appearing to be sending emails, 42% have actually been checking up on their favorite team while at work
More than a third (32%)are repeat offenders who frequently fake their finger-tapping to check a score
The number one app that sports fans most want, is one that will give them the ability to view the game from an individual player’s helmet (60%)
Nearly as many (58%) want audio feeds from both sidelines to stream through their sports app
Those last two items are things I never considered, but they do sound awesome. I’d definitely be down.