The prosecution made a very compelling case against Aaron Hernandez when the tight end was arrested and charged with first-degree murder on Wednesday. If Hernandez’s lawyers are able to miraculously clear him despite all the alleged evidence that has been compiled against him, their work may just be getting started.
FOX 25 in Boston reported on Thursday morning that Hernandez is being investigated as a possible suspect in a double murder that took place on July 16, 2012 in downtown Boston. According to a Boston Police blog entry from last year, police responded to a call just after 2:00 a.m. to find that two men, Safiro Furtado and Daniel Abreu, had been fatally shot as they sat in a car at a traffic light. Another man was shot but not killed.
Witnesses said Furtado and Abreu were sitting in the front seat of their vehicle when the occupants of a gray or silver SUV with Rhode Island license plates opened fire on them. The surviving victim was in the back seat and investigators believe there were two other men in the victims’ car who fled the scene.
It is unclear what Hernandez’s involvement with the investigation could be, but a FOX 25 source reportedly said the tight end’s possible connection to the killing is being examined.
The obvious question on the minds of many is how Hernandez would have gotten away with it. After hearing the alleged details that the prosecution laid out on Wednesday — and that was likely only a fraction of the evidence — you get the impression that Hernandez is inexperienced. Simply put, it appears the person who killed Lloyd could not have been more sloppy. If it was Hernandez, it would be amazing to believe that this is a young man who has somehow gotten away with murder before.
See all the LBS coverage on the Aaron Hernandez murder caseGoogle+