Skip to main content
Larry Brown Sports Tagline. Brown Bag it, Baby.
#pounditWednesday, July 24, 2024

Charles Oakley is at odds with Knicks again over latest claim

Charles Oakley looking ahead

Aug 17, 2019; Dallas, TX, USA; Killer 3s head coach Charles Oakley during the game at the American Airlines Center. Mandatory Credit: Jerome Miron-USA TODAY Sports

Charles Oakley is once again involved in a public spat with the New York Knicks, this time over whether he is even allowed to return to Madison Square Garden.

On Friday, Oakley told Dan Gelston of The Associated Press that the Knicks had extended him an offer to attend a playoff game at Madison Square Garden along with other team legends.

“I guess their lawyer called my lawyer saying it’s a good time for you to come back to the Garden,” Oakley said, via ESPN.

That is not the case, at least according to the Knicks. A team spokesperson told the AP that no such offer had been extended, especially since Oakley is still taking legal action against the organization over his February 2017 arrest stemming from an altercation with MSG security officials. Oakley was accused of bizarre behavior after he was asked to leave for alleged disruptive behavior.

Even if Oakley were welcome back at MSG, he indicated that he would not attend without an apology from owner James Dolan.

“They’ve got to apologize,” Oakley said. “We’ll go from there. Can (Dolan) be man enough to say, mistakes happen. And he made one.”

Oakley filed another amended lawsuit against MSG recently, and remains adamant that he was mistreated despite the dismissal of multiple other suits. Clearly, he will not be attending a Knicks game anytime soon.

.

Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast!

Sports News Minute Podcast
comments powered by Disqus