Lonzo Ball dropping his agent in latest career move
Lonzo Ball appears to have made some serious changes in both his professional and personal life over the past few weeks, and the latest will be finding new representation.
Ball told ESPN’s Ramona Shelburne late Thursday night that he and his agent, Harrison Gaines, have mutually agreed to part ways. Gaines had been Ball’s agent since the 21-year-old left UCLA following his freshman season, and Ball had nothing but good things to say about him.
“Harrison Gaines has been a trusted advisor and close friend for many years,” Ball said. “He guided my NBA career with integrity and always had my best interests at heart. Harrison has always had my back and although we will no longer be working together after mutually deciding to part ways; our relationship will always be bigger than basketball.”
Gaines thanked Ball, who was his first client, and said he “has been nothing short of phenomenal” while the two worked together.
Ball recently filed a lawsuit against a Big Baller Brand co-founder who he says stole a large sum of money from him, but he says Gaines supported him through that and the situation has nothing to do with him and the agent parting ways. Ball has hinted on social media that he is going to leave the Big Baller Brand for a new company, so perhaps he is just starting fresh in as many ways as possible.