pixel 1
header
Friday, December 14, 2018

Report: Women tried to extort Oscar De La Hoya for $2 million over sex tape

Oscar de la Hoya

Oscar De La Hoya has reportedly become the victim of an extortion attempt that centers around a sex tape he recorded with two women he met on social media.

According to the Daily Mail, the FBI is investigating the $2 million extortion attempt, which was allegedly formulated by two women in their late-teens or early-20s who connected with De La Hoya on a dating site and began messaging him on Snapchat. The former boxing champion is said to have invited the women to his condo in Pasadena, at which point the women “partied with the star before filming him on a cell phone in various ’embarrassing’ sexual situations.”

The report states that the women contacted De Lay Hoya weeks later and said they would be releasing the tape if he did not pay them $2 million. When De La Hoya refused to negotiate with them, they approached celebrity sex tape broker Kevin Blatt about the footage. Blatt, who confirmed that he has been speaking with FBI investigators, said he turned the women down when it became clear they were attempting to extort De La Hoya.

“I’ve seen a lot of shocking videos in my time and this one was incredibly embarrassing,” Blatt told the Daily Mail. “But it was clear to me Oscar had been set up. The girls even took a picture of his driver’s license to prove it was him, they knew what they were doing, almost as if they had done this before. In my mind it was outright extortion and I cut ties with them immediately.”

When they were turned down by both De La Hoya and Blatt, the two women reportedly got in contact with De La Hoya’s ex-wife Shanna Moakler and stressed how embarrassing the tape would be for her and the former couple’s 19-year-old daughter. The tape is said to feature De La Hoya playing the role of exhibitionist in front of the two women, who were seen performing sex acts on him with kitchen utensils.

Moakler also refused to negotiate with the two women, and she instead contacted De La Hoya and both went to the authorities.

This is not the first time that De La Hoya, who is now chairman of the promoting company Golden Boy Promotions, has found himself in a situation where embarrassing photos or videos of him were leaked.



Follow Larry Brown Sports on Twitter | Like us on Facebook for latest news

Comments

comments powered by Disqus