Antonio Brown will not face criminal charges over at least two Britney Taylor allegations
Antonio Brown will not be facing criminal charges stemming from at least some of the recent sexual assault allegations that were made against him.
The District Attorney’s Office in Allegheny County, Pa., released a statement on Wednesday confirming that they reached out to the legal team of Britney Taylor, who filed a civil lawsuit against Brown last week. Prosecutors were looking to potentially pursue charges, but there is a two-year statute of limitations in place that prevents them from doing so.
What this means is that, at least for the first two alleged offenses committed by Antonio Brown, there will be no criminal inquiry. That is potentially significant, as it relates to his eligibility and status to continue playing. https://t.co/Fj5DZdRrZb
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 18, 2019
Taylor, Brown’s former trainer and friend, has accused the star receiver of sexually assaulting her on three separate occasions. The first took place in June 2017 in the Pittsburgh area, when Taylor says she was staying at one of Brown’s homes because he had not booked her a hotel room when she visited to help him train. During her stay, Taylor says Brown exposed himself to her and grabbed and kissed her without her consent. You can read more details of the allegations here.
Taylor also says Brown sexually assaulted her later in June 2017 and raped her in the Miami area in 2018, so it’s possible prosecutors from Florida could also reach out to her attorney.