Mike Shanahan pretty much owns the Richie Rich mansion
Mike Shanahan is living large, my friends.
Word came out last week that the former NFL coach was selling his Colorado mansion for $22 million, prompting our Steve DelVecchio to ask whether Shanny really was just Dr. Dre all along.
Yes, the part-time NFL coach and full-time record label owner owns a $22 million mansion. It’s god-like, let me tell you.
Built in 2008 and located in Englewood, Colo., Shanahan’s pad features six bedrooms and 13 bathrooms (via Redfin listing). You could use a different bathroom every time you went to the restroom and still not make your way through all of them in a week.
The property spans over 32,000 square feet. There are 11 fireplaces and a 7-car garage. The mansion contains a full gym, bowling alley and golf simulator.
One of the dining rooms alone is massive and makes you wonder whether he was planning on having the Knights of the effing Round Table over for dinner.
Look, $22 million is obviously an insane number. And since it was built in 2008, we’re guessing Shanny paid a lot less for it than that and likely won’t get $22 million for it. But let’s just look at the numbers here.
– The monthly mortgage payment on a 30-year loan for the place would be over $91,000 and is greater than most American homes bring in for a year
– Last year’s property tax bill was nearly $110,000
– The $8,814 monthly HOA fee would probably bankrupt most American couples
– The four bedroom, two bathroom guest house is larger than most families’ residences
– The electric, water, and gardening bills are probably more than what most people pay in monthly rent