pixel 1
header
Monday, December 9, 2019

Myles Garrett stands by Mason Rudolph racial slur accusation

Myles Garrett Mason Rudolph

Myles Garrett issued a statement on Thursday in response to his accusation about Mason Rudolph being widely reported and circulated earlier in the day.

Garrett had his appeal hearing with the NFL on Wednesday over his indefinite suspension for bashing Rudolph in the head with the quarterback’s own helmet during “Thursday Night Football” last week. During the hearing, Garrett reportedly accused Rudolph of using a racial slur before their fight.

The NFL upheld Garrett’s indefinite suspension and said they found no evidence of a racial slur being used.

In his statement, Garrett stood by his accusation and said that he thought his conversation with the league would remain private.

“I was assured that the hearing was space that afforded the opportunity to speak openly and honestly about the incident that led to my suspension. This was not meant for public dissemination, nor was it a convenient attempt to justify my actions or restore my image in the eyes of those I disappointed,” Garrett said.

“I know what I heard. Whether my opponent’s comment was born out of frustration or ignorance, I cannot say. But his actions do not excuse my lack of restraint in the moment, and I truly regret the impact this has had on the league, the Browns and our devoted fans.”

Rudolph’s attorney responded to Garrett’s “shameful” accusation, calling it a lie. Multiple Browns and Steelers said that Thursday was the first they had heard of the allegation, and some said they hadn’t heard the slur said.



Follow Larry Brown Sports on Twitter | Like us on Facebook for latest news

Read more LBS stories:

Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast!

Sports News Minute Podcast

Comments

comments powered by Disqus