pixel 1
header
Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Conor McGregor challenges ‘Hollywood actress’ Mark Wahlberg to fight

Conor McGregor

Conor McGregor announced his retirement from mixed marital arts last week, but the former UFC champion apparently has at least one fight left in him.

On Saturday night, McGregor took to Twitter to call out actor Mark Wahlberg. He referred to Wahlberg as an “actress” and said a bout between the two would be “a fight for all the shares!”

Wahlberg was among a group of celebrities who purchased a stake in the UFC when the company was sold in 2016. When McGregor said in his post-fight press conference after UFC 205 that he wants a share of the company, Wahlberg later offered to give the Irishman a portion of his shares if McGregor is willing to “cut the check.”

When one of McGregor’s Twitter followers made a reference to Wahlberg’s character in the movie “Four Brothers,” McGregor said he will whoop Wahlberg and his four brothers.

Obviously, this “fight” is never going to happen. As for whether or not McGregor is actually retired, we have our theory about that.



Follow Larry Brown Sports on Twitter | Like us on Facebook for latest news

Read more LBS stories:

Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast!

Sports News Minute Podcast

Comments

comments powered by Disqus