Report: Antonio Brown and Britney Taylor were in confidential legal talks for months
Representatives for Antonio Brown and Britney Taylor were in confidential legal talks for months about their matter, according to a new report.
Taylor dropped a bombshell on Brown and the NFL when her legal representatives filed a civil lawsuit in the Southern District of Florida Tuesday alleging Brown sexually assaulted her on three occasions. The most serious allegation from Taylor is that Brown raped her in May 2018.
ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reported that due to the confidential talks between both sides, neither Brown’s former team, the Oakland Raiders, nor his current team, the New England Patriots, would have known about the matter prior to Tuesday’s filing.
Brown officially signed with the Patriots on Monday, two days after reaching an agreement to sign with them. He was given a one-year deal worth up to $15 million, with $10 million guaranteed.
The NFL is investigating Taylor’s accusations and plans to meet with her next week, Fowler reports. The Patriots reportedly are preparing as if Brown will play in the team’s game on Sunday against the Dolphins. One option the league has is to place Brown on the commissioner’s exempt list, which would remove him from the active roster while allowing him to be paid.
For more on the subject:
– A summary of the lawsuits filed against Antonio Brown since 2018
– Britney Taylor passed lie detector test regarding Antonio Brown allegations
– Britney Taylor planning to meet with NFL after her wedding
– The text messages Antonio Brown allegedly sent Britney Taylor
– Antonio Brown planning to file countersuit against Britney Taylor
– Attorney defends Antonio Brown against ‘money grab’ allegations
– Patriots react to lawsuit filed against Antonio Brown