Patriots say NFL is investigating Antonio Brown allegations
The New England Patriots issued a statement on Tuesday evening in response to the allegations Antonio Brown is facing, noting that the league is investigating the matter.
Brown’s former trainer, Britney Taylor, filed a civil lawsuit in the Southern District of Florida on Tuesday alleging that the wide receiver sexually assaulted her twice in June 2017 and raped her in May 2018. Taylor is seeking compensation for “physical injuries, pain and suffering, humiliation, embarrassment, stress and anxiety, loss of self-esteem and self-confidence, and emotional pain and suffering.” Brown’s attorney denied all allegation. He said Brown and Taylor were in a consensual sexual relationship and that the woman was making a “money grab.”
Here is the Patriots’ statement:
“We are aware of the civil lawsuit that was filed earlier today against Antonio Brown, as well as the response by Antonio’s representatives. We take these allegations very seriously. Under no circumstance does this organization condone sexual violence or assault. The league has informed us that they will be investigating. We will have no further comment while that investigation takes place.”
Patriots statement on Antonio Brown allegations: pic.twitter.com/jIp2pisvZD
— Nick Underhill (@nick_underhill) September 11, 2019
Taylor is pursuing a civil lawsuit against Brown, not criminal charges, but Commissioner Roger Goodell still has the power to suspend Brown under the Personal Conduct Policy even if no criminal charges are filed. What the NFL finds during their investigation will likely influence their decision on a potential suspension.
Brown on Saturday signed a 1-year deal with the Patriots with $10 million in guarantees and a maximum value of $15 million.
For more on the subject:
– Here’s a summary of the lawsuits filed against Antonio Brown since 2018
– The text messages Antonio Brown allegedly sent Britney Taylor
– Britney Taylor passed lie detector test regarding Antonio Brown allegations
– Patriots react to lawsuit filed against Antonio Brown
– Britney Taylor planning to meet with NFL after her wedding
– Antonio Brown planning to file countersuit against Britney Taylor
– Attorney defends Antonio Brown against ‘money grab’ allegations