Jon Gruden gave Antonio Brown permission to share private conversation
Antonio Brown posted an audio clip on social media last week from a private conversation he had with Jon Gruden, but apparently he did so after seeking permission from the Oakland Raiders coach.
Alejandro Narciso, the man who produced the video clip Brown posted on YouTube that featured some of the receiver’s phone conversation with Gruden, told “The Dan Le Batard Show” on Monday that Brown reached out to Gruden before making it public. Narciso said he expected Gruden to nix the idea, but the coach responded shortly after with a series of text messages saying he loved the idea.
Antonio Brown's video producer said Jon Gruden approved of the use of their phone conversation in Brown's Youtube video before it was released.
They sent him the video and 15 minutes later Gruden responded with "I love it! Loved it! I love it!" pic.twitter.com/wrqer5ujvZ
— #BOOMIN (@ftbeard_17) September 9, 2019
So there you have it. There was some talk that Brown could potentially be in legal and/or NFL trouble over the audio recording since it is illegal to record a private conversation without consent in the state of California, but that’s not going to happen if Gruden gave permission and was all for it.
The audio featured Gruden telling Brown that Brown is not a villain and is simply misunderstood, with Brown saying he wants to be a Raider but is “more than just a football player. It’s unclear if sharing it was part of Brown’s master plan to get himself released, but we know the star receiver certainly embarrassed the Raiders in plenty of other ways.