Jets WR Robby Anderson gets six months probation for reckless driving
New York Jets wide receiver Robby Anderson has been arrested multiple times in the past year or so, but he could not have asked for much better results in his cases given all the legal trouble.
Mike Garafolo of NFL Network reports that Anderson pled no contest on Wednesday to charges stemming from a reckless driving incident on Jan. 19. He received six months of probation, which is the harshest of the consequences from his two arrests.
Jets WR Robby Anderson pled no contest to charges of reckless driving yesterday, his attorney Ed O’Donnell said. Adjudication withheld, he gets 6 mos of non-reporting probation. All charges from his two arrests have now been addressed. NFL spokesman says league review ongoing.
— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) June 21, 2018
In the January incident, Anderson reportedly sped past a marked police car while driving over 105 mph. He then allegedly threatened to sexually assault an officer’s wife, and some of his charges included harm to a public servant/family, reckless driving, eluding police, and resisting arrest. The felony charges were dropped and Anderson was only facing one misdemeanor count of reckless driving.
Anderson was also arrested last year following an alleged physical altercation with an officer at a music festival. All of the charges from that case were dropped last month.
The Jets have stuck with Anderson despite his numerous off-field issues. The 24-year-old caught 63 passes for 941 yards and seven touchdowns in a breakout season last year.