Stephen Jones says Cowboys spoke with Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliott about party
Dak Prescott appeared to deny through his camp earlier this week that he violated social distancing guidelines by hosting a party at his home on Saturday, but the Dallas Cowboys do not seem pleased with him or Ezekiel Elliott.
In an appearance on 105.3 The Fan Tuesday, Cowboys CEO Stephen Jones revealed that team officials have spoken with Prescott and Elliott about the alleged gathering. Jones said the players were made “aware of how sensitive these situations are.”
“We’ve certainly communicated with Dak and Zeke. I think they’re certainly aware now of how sensitive these situations are and I don’t think you’ll be seeing that anymore,” Jones said. “They are certainly guys we have the utmost respect for. I certainly know they understand the sensitivity of the situation we’re in, it’s certainly very serious and something we know they understand.”
Prescott reportedly hosted a party for a friend’s birthday at his home, and witnesses said there were about 30 people present. Police were called to the house, but they simply reminded the residents of the social distancing guidelines that are in place both nationally and in the state of Texas. A person close to Prescott denied that the quarterback threw a party and said there were less than 10 people there.
One former Cowboys player has unloaded on Prescott for putting people at risk, and the comments made by Jones indicate that the party actually did happen.