NBA Playoffs Expert Predictions by Doc
The NBA playoffs have finally begun which is a nice change from the final month of the regular season where all that was at stake was seedings. All the first round match-ups are set meaning it’s time to predict who will emerge from each conference to reach the Finals.
What’s really strange is that every team seems to have questions. The Lakers seemed like a lock to chase down the Spurs in the West, but then they lost five in a row. The Spurs are an underrated top seed because most people don’t look at them as a dangerous team. The Bulls lack experience, the Heat lack size, and the Celtics have questions at center. So who will emerge? The Doc takes a look.
WESTERN CONFERENCE (Doc’s Picks)
(1) Spurs vs (8) Grizzlies – Spurs in 6, Memphis will challenge but lacks the weapons
(2) Lakers vs (7) Hornets – Lakers in 5, closest to being a sweep, CP3 can get em one
(3) Mavericks vs (6) Blazers – Mavs in six, popular upset pick, but not on Dirk’s watch
(4) Thunder vs (5) Nuggets – Thunder in six, Denver’s looked good, but OKC is too tough at home
(1) Spurs vs (4) Thunder – Spurs in seven, home court will be the difference
(2) Lakers vs (3) Mavs – Lakers in six, Mavs will crap panties again, only Dirk will show
Western Conference Finals
(1) Spurs vs (2) Lakers – Lakers in six. Too much size for San Antonio
EASTERN CONFERENCE (Doc’s Picks)
(1) Bulls vs (8) Pacers – Bulls in five, Indiana can hero out a game at home, that’s it
(2) Heat vs (7) 76ers – Heat in six, Philly will be a tough out but won’t win it
(3) Celtics vs (6) Knicks – Celtics in seven, without the O’Neals, Knicks will challenge
(4) Magic vs (5) Hawks – Magic in five, remember last year’s debacle for ATL? So do I
(1) Bulls vs (4) Magic – Bulls in seven, size to combat Dwight, no one can guard Rose
(2) Heat vs (3) Celtics – Heat in seven, LeBron just needed the supporting cast, he has it
Eastern Conference Finals
(1) Bulls vs (2) Heat – Heat in seven, Chicago’s size is tough for Miami, but the Bulls have no answer for LeBron
Heat beat the Lakers in seven. Miami’s had LA’s number in the regular season and the bad boys of basketball get their rings, vindicating them in the process. The Heat pull through many playoff struggles, beating three tough teams in a row all in seven-game series. LeBron and Wade play at a high level throughout the postseason and help the Heat emerge.
Admittedly, the toughest thing to call was the Heat-Celtics series. I really believe whoever wins that series will win the NBA title. I also think the Lakers are a lock to reach the Finals.