John Elway: Broncos plan to ‘stay the course’ with Trevor Siemian, Paxton Lynch
The Denver Broncos sound increasingly content with the quarterbacks that they have now, and may be shutting the door on a Tony Romo pursuit.
Broncos general manager John Elway said Monday that the franchise’s plan is to “stay the course” with Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch and look only at the draft going forward.
John Elway said "the plan is to stay the course" with their 2 QBs, Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch: pic.twitter.com/CqyH2q4yQw
— Nicki Jhabvala (@NickiJhabvala) March 27, 2017
The Broncos have been frequently linked to Romo, so this could be a bluff. However, Vic Lombardi of Altitude was quick to note that Elway was not saying this earlier in the month at the NFL Combine.
This is not what he said at the Combine. Things obviously changed. https://t.co/p7ERXffDK1
— Vic Lombardi (@VicLombardi) March 27, 2017
Elway said that Romo has not been a topic of conversation at league meetings, but we knew he Broncos didn’t intend to trade for him. It’s sounding increasingly possible that they won’t look his way even when he’s released by Dallas.