
Chris Sale struggled through some shoulder issues to help the Boston Red Sox win the World Series last year, and there have been questions about whether or not those will linger. Heading into 2019, the left-hander says he has no concerns.
Sale threw three innings in a simulated game against minor leaguers on Monday, and his fastball hovered in the low-90s. He told reporters after the scrimmage that his shoulder feels fine and he could have thrown harder.
Sale said he felt fine, ready to go again in five days. Said his shoulder has felt good since he started throwing again in December. Held back his velo but felt it was there if he wanted it. Sox are otherwise off today, so catch you tomorrow.
— Pete Abraham (@PeteAbe) March 11, 2019

Sale took some time off from throwing after the Red Sox won the World Series, but it was a good sign that he did not need to undergo any type of surgical procedure. It seems like he was just dealing with fatigue, which is something that will continue to be monitored as the season progresses.
For whatever reason, Sale has seemed to fade a bit late in the regular season throughout his career. The Red Sox tried to counter that by placing him on the disabled list two times late last year, but all indications have been that they aren’t overly concerned about it.