pixel 1
header
Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Spike Lee video was about him using wrong entrance, not being banned by Knicks

Twitter was buzzing on Monday with rumors that Spike Lee had been banned by the Knicks after a video surfaced that showed him upset.

The video supposedly showed the famed film director yelling “Nobody told me!” and referencing Charles Oakley.

Although it was clear that man who was said to be Lee was very upset in the video, Lee was later shown sitting in his usual courtside seat at Madison Square Garden for the Knicks’ home game against the Houston Rockets.

A few reporters later shed some light on the subject, saying that the issue had to do with Lee using the wrong entrance.

Ian Begley says Lee was using an employee entrance.

The Knicks have received notoriously bad press for several years, and owner James Dolan has been at the center of numerous negative events, including his lawsuit with former Knick Charles Oakley. Given Dolan’s history, fans automatically assumed the worst, but it turns out things weren’t quite as bad as they were portrayed on social media.

Read more LBS stories:

Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast!

Sports News Minute Podcast

Comments

comments powered by Disqus