Skip to main content
#pounditSaturday, July 20, 2024

Floyd Mayweather Jr. facing another lawsuit over alleged assault

Floyd Mayweather Jr wearing a hat

Floyd Mayweather Jr. in attendance for the Gervonta Davis-Ryan Garcia fight on April 22, 2023 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Photo Credit: Esther Lin/Showtime

Floyd Mayweather Jr. has been sued once again over an alleged assault.

A man filed a lawsuit in New York on Thursday that claims he was attacked by members of Mayweather’s “The Money Team” and rapper Lil Uzi Vert in an alleged incident that took place on June 27, 2023. The man, Abdullah Ali, says he was trying to get a look at what appeared to be a trailer owned by Mayweather that was parked outside a New York City hotel, according to TMZ. The lawsuit states that Ali began recording a video when he saw a Rolls-Royce being unloaded from the trailer.

Lawyers for Ali say Ali was confronted by Lil Uzi and members of Mayweather’s entourage, who told him to stop recording. A verbal argument allegedly turned violent, and Ali claims he was punched and kicked repeatedly by at least 10 men for more than a minute.

A representative for Lil Uzi told TMZ that the rapper has no affiliation with Mayweather and was not at the site of the alleged altercation. Mayweather is named in the lawsuit, but Ali’s attorneys say it is unclear if the legendary boxer was there at the time.

Ali claims he suffered multiple injuries in the attack and needed to be hospitalized. He also said he lost multiple teeth. He is suing for unspecified damages. Ali reported the incident to police, but no arrests have been made.

The lawsuit is the second that has been filed against Mayweather this year related to an alleged assault. The 47-year-old was also sued by a man earlier this year who claimed one of Mayweather’s bodyguards assaulted the alleged victim at a restaurant outside Crypto.com arena in 2022.

Load more
Exit mobile version