pixel 1
header
Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Dana White: Conor McGregor is not fighting at UFC 200

Conor McGregor

If Conor McGregor is trying to pressure the UFC into putting him back on the UFC 200 fight card by lying on Twitter, it is not going to work.

Dana White told TMZ on Monday that the decision to pull McGregor off the UFC 200 card is final.

“All the media keeps asking me that. I feel like the scene in ‘Step Brothers’ when they ask if they can build the bunk beds,” White said. “I don’t know how many more times I can say the fight is off or how many more press conferences I can have saying the fight is off for people to believe it’s off.”

McGregor’s rematch with Nate Diaz was scheduled to be the headline fight for one of the biggest events in UFC history. For some reason, McGregor tweeted early Monday morning that he has been put back on the UFC 200 card. He even thanked White, but White insists he has no idea what the tweet was about.

“It’s not true,” White told TMZ. “We haven’t talked to Conor or his manager since the press conference. I don’t know why he would tweet that.”

The only logical explanation is that McGregor was trying to force the UFC’s hand by getting fans excited, but it clearly didn’t work. The Irishman shocked MMA fans last week when he announced he is retiring, and we later learned that he was wrapped up in a dispute with the UFC over promoting his fight against Diaz. McGregor wanted to be able to train more and promote less, which he spoke about at length in this Facebook post ripping the UFC.

As of Monday afternoon, the UFC’s website still listed the main event for UFC 200 as “to be announced.”



Follow Larry Brown Sports on Twitter | Like us on Facebook for latest news

Comments

comments powered by Disqus