Jon Jones says he got ‘good news,’ expects to be back ‘really soon’
Jon Jones has been serving an indefinite suspension from his latest failed drug test back in June. It has widely been assumed that he will end up with a two-year ban once his case is reviewed by the Nevada Athletic Commission.
Not so fast, the interim UFC light heavyweight champion says.
In an Instagram video from Sunday that has since been deleted, a smiling Jones thanked fans for their support and said he recently received some “really good news” regarding his positive drug test. Jones made it seem like his suspension could wind up getting overturned.
Jon Jones just dropped this message on Instagram and says he has good news & expects to be back in the Octagon soon. pic.twitter.com/Q6U8GFBSTo
— Chamatkar Sandhu (@SandhuMMA) August 15, 2016
“We have found out lots of really good news,” Jones said. “I am expecting to be back in the Octagon really soon.”
Jones has been adamant that he had no idea he ingested a banned substance. He broke down crying while speaking to reporters last month (video here) and said he cannot even pronounce the name of the substance he tested positive for. Jones later said in a series of tweets that he knows he is not a cheater and trusts the system will make things right.