Conor McGregor open to WWE offer
Conor McGregor isn’t exactly looking to change sports, but he is open to entertaining offers from the WWE.
McGregor became the first UFC fighter to hold championships in two weight classes simultaneously when he defeated Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205 earlier this month. After that bout, McGregor announced he is going to take some time off and UFC president Dana White said the earliest Conor will fight again is May. So what about a WWE appearance in the meantime?
“I think it’s all about business, man,” McGregor’s agent, Audie Attar, said in an appearance on ESPN’s 5ive Rounds podcast Tuesday. “If [WWE] is going to come with an offer, we are willing to entertain it. We are here. Have their people call his people — which is me. We can have a conversation.”
WWE executive and 14-time champion Triple H was at UFC 205 to watch McGregor beat Alvarez, and he told the Daily Telegraph that he would love to see McGregor in the WWE.
“He could come over, he’s got it all, man,” Triple H said. “He’s got the personality, the skills, the talk. He’s an entertainer, for sure.”
For what it’s worth, McGregor was highly critical of Brock Lesnar and other WWE wrestlers several months ago.
“I haven’t really thought about it,” McGregor said. “For the most part, those WWE guys are p—ies, to be honest. They are master p—ies, if you ask me. I mean, full credit to Brock, he got into a fight. But at the end of the day, he’s juiced up to his f—ing eyeballs. How can I respect that?’
One thing we know is that McGregor is a smart businessman. He has also said in the past that he respects Vince McMahon, and he even paid tribute to the WWE boss once when he stepped into the Octagon for a fight.
As Attar said, he’ll have to talk to his friend Benjamin Franklin and see if he can convince McGregor that a WWE appearance is a good option.