If Russell Westbrook is bringing back overalls, that’s definitely a fashion statement I can get down with.
Fully knowing that his Christmas game was going to be on national TV, Russ showed up to Madison Square Garden wearing an outfit he knew would get people talking. He wore leather overalls and a black beanie that said “killin’ it” on it. I’m usualy not a fan of his fashion statements, but I absolutely love both items.
First, that beanie was creative, cool and funny. Then that oversized gold chain is just off the chain. Between the headwear and thick gold chain, he was looking like a fourth member of Run DMC. And then the early/mid-90s overalls? Love the touch. Again it’s a nod to early-90s hip-hop, as that look was very popular among groups like Kris Kross and Naughty By Nature.
I used to pull off the overalls back in elementary school and middle school (always one-strapping it like the cool kids). If ’90s fashion is coming back, it would feel like I’ve never grown up.
Russ also had his first triple-double of the season in the easy win over the Knicks. The Thunder won 123-94 and Westbrook had 14 points, 13 rebounds and 10 assists.
Previous Russell Westbrook fashion statements:
- - Russell Westbrook looking like a Swiss yodeler
– Russell Westbrook in leopard print and spiky shoes
– Russell Westbrook in cutoff sleeves and gold chain
– Red lens-less glasses and short sleeve fish hook shirt
– Red pants and paint-splattered shirt
– Yellow teddy bear shirt and funky shoes
– Long sleeve Dr. Seuss shirt and red glasses
– Russell Westbrook wears zebra shirt
Image via @BeyondtheBuzzerGoogle+