Alex Trebek is known for his stoicism as the longtime host of “Jeopardy,” so to see him break character was unusual, but great to see.
During Monday’s episode of the long-running quiz show, a contestant did not know the answer to “Final Jeopardy” and decided to write in “What is we love you, Alex!” The host’s voice quivered as he was clearly moved by the sweet answer.
Trebek, 79, has been the host of “Jeopardy!” since 1984. In March, he announced that he had been diagnosed with Stage IV pancreatic cancer. He has since shared that he has responded positively to treatment.
Trebek was no doubt touched by the gesture and is feeling the love as he battles cancer.
The women who showed their breasts on national television during Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday night have been banned from attending Major League Baseball events indefinitely.
During the seventh inning of the Houston Astros’ win over the Washington Nationals, two women seated on the first base side of home plate flashed their boobs just as Gerrit Cole was about to deliver a pitch. The women, who are social media influencers and models, work for a publication called SHAGMAG, which co-founder Stephen McHugh describes as “the millennial version of Playboy.” Julia Rose, one of the women who flashed, is also a founder and CEO of the company. McHugh told Larry Brown Sports that Rose came up with the idea to raise awareness for breast cancer.
“Julia Rose, founder and CEO of SHAGMAG, pushed for the stunt to create awareness on breast cancer,” McHugh said in an email. “Julia’s company, SHAGMAG, is the millennial version of PLAYBOY. The digital magazine features Julia Rose every month along with another famous influencer, creator, or model.”
Rose and two other women — Lauren Summer and Kayla Lauren — were escorted from the ballpark and banned from MLB events indefinitely. Rose shared a photo of a letter she got from a league official informing her of the ban.
Cole may have been distracted by the stunt, as he ended up walking Ryan Zimmerman for only his second free pass of the game. However, he then benefitted from a bad call to get out of a jam, and the Astros went on to win 7-1 and take a 3-2 series lead.
Whether it was to promote SHAGMAG or raise awareness for breast cancer or both, those ladies certainly got people’s attention.
If you’re not watching the World Series, you’re missing out on more than just baseball.
During the seventh inning of Game 5 of the World Series between the Houston Astros and Washington Nationals on Sunday night, two women sitting to the first base side of home plate decided to flash their boobs (uncensored video). The moment came as Ryan Zimmerman was batting against Gerrit Cole.
CNN host Chris Cuomo went viral on Monday night after a video of him in a heated exchange with another man over the word “Fredo” circulated online.
The video, said to have been sent to “THAT’S THE POINT with Brandon,” shows Cuomo threatening a man who called him “Fredo.” Cuomo took the name “Fredo” to be an insult and compared it to a slur for Italians similar to the N-word — a point which many disputed. Instead, they believe “Fredo” is a reference to “The Godfather” and a way of mocking someone for being the dumb son/brother. Chris’ father Mario is the former New York governor.
Here’s the video exchange (beware: the video contains profanity).
The video’s description on YouTube says a “fan of news went to ask Chris Cuomo for a photo, mind you the man who asked him DID NOT know his real name and knows of him only through The RUSH LIMBUAGH SHOW and on that show Rush repeatedly calls him “FREDO” so the man legitimately thought his name was FREDO.”
CNN is standing behind the 49-year-old host.
“Chris Cuomo defended himself when he was verbally attacked with the use of an ethnic slur in an orchestrated setup. We completely support him.”
Cuomo may be wrong about the nature of the insulting term, but there is no doubt being called “Fredo” is not meant to be a compliment.
Move over, Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson. There’s a new pair of Splash Brothers that are making waves not far from the Bay Area, and they may be gunning for your job if you’re still at it in about 10 or so years.
Two young brothers who live in Las Vegas went viral this week for draining shots in their backyard pool. These weren’t just any shots, and the pool wasn’t just any pool. Check it out:
For those counting at home, that was six buckets in a row from wayyyyy downtown. And notice the two kiddos were wearing Warriors jerseys. How appropriate. Their Instagram page is filled with videos that would make anyone who ever had a childhood — or didn’t — insanely jealous.
An Ohio dad went “Field of Dreams” and built an absolutely gorgeous baseball field in his backyard for his son.
Jason Kidd, 36, was playing baseball with his now 5-year-old son, who asked whether they could have a baseball field in their backyard. Kidd told WKYC that he dismissed the idea at first, but after reconsidering, the request didn’t seem so unreasonable.
“About two years ago my son and I were playing with his plastic T-ball set and he asked if we could build a baseball field in the backyard. I kind of blew him off.”
Kidd then reconsidered.
“I kind of started thinking about it. Then I started measuring to see if we have room, and now I have a baseball field.”
Kidd decided to get to work on building the field in the backyard of his Brookfield home. He removed some trees and a hill in his yard. Two years and about $30,000 later, he ended up with a beautiful field that includes infield clay, a raised pitching mound, painted foul lines, and more.
Kidd, who is a Cleveland Indians fan, named the field the “Re-Jake,” which is a take on Jacobs Field, the previous name for the Indians’ home park. He views the field as a way he will be able to share the love of baseball with his son. And he didn’t even have to plow through any corn fields to build it!
Southern California was hit with a 6.4 magnitude earthquake on Thursday that was the strongest to hit the area in nearly 20 years. Friday’s earthquake was measured at 7.1 with an epicenter in Ridgecrest, Calif., close to where the epicenter was the day before.
Longtime NFL reporter Peter King had a huge issue with ESPN focusing its latest “30 for 30” documentary on competitive eating, and the greatest competitive eater of all time feels the criticism is unwarranted.
After ESPN aired its latest “30 for 30,” King ripped the network for treating competitive eaters as athletes when there are children in America who are starving. He called the feature “truly disgusting.”
ESPN and the @30for30 franchise has done some really great docs and journalism. A shame that as at least a fifth of children in America go to bed hungry nightly they’re highlighting gluttony, treating someone who overeats excessively as a “competitive athlete.” Truly disgusting.
His other tweets that followed included him using the N-word and asking where the b—– at. It looked as if he had been hacked.
Simpson seemingly launching his Twitter account comes the week of the 25th anniversary of the murder of his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and Ronald Goldman.
The Juice has been out of prison since his release on Oct. 1, 2017 due to parole. He was imprisoned for nine years due to felony kidnapping and armed robbery. He was acquitted in 1994 for the murders of Brown Simpson and Goldman in a highly-publicized court case