Jeremy Shockey Helped Save Teammate Ben Hartsock Who Was Choking
The National Football Post says Shockey helped save teammate Ben Hartsock who was choking in the team’s lunch room Monday.
Hartsock had a piece of pork lodged in his throat and tried drinking some water to clear it, but that didn’t work. According to Hartsock’s agent, one teammate tried to give him the Heimlich but was unsuccessful. Luckily Shockey stepped in to help and hit him in the back hard enough to make the meat come out.
Hartsock didn’t want the story to get out ostensibly because it’s embarrassing. Too late for that. At least it has a happy ending, right?