GSP denies report that he wants $50 million to fight Anderson Silva
Last week MMA reporter Mike Straka said on “The MMA Beat” that he heard St-Pierre wanted $50 million to fight Silva because he felt he needed a huge monetary guarantee to face such a dangerous opponent.
GSP said on Sunday that he had not heard about the report, and that it’s false.
“I have not been informed of this, it is not true,” St-Pierre said in French (translation provided by Google). “Nobody told me about it and I am in France now, I have not seen the article (Mike Straka). I will not comment.”
We chose not to share the original report from Straka because it seemed loosely sourced and we did not find it credible. St-Pierre is one of the highest-compensated fighters in the UFC (probably the highest), so it would not be surprising to hear him demand around $15 million for a fight of this caliber, but there is no way he would be demanding more than what Floyd Mayweather makes in a fight. That just doesn’t seem right.
Glove touch to MMA Mania