Jamie Sangouthai – Lamar Odom friend died of drug-related disease
Jamie Sangouthai apparently died from a disease that was related to drug use, not a drug overdose.
It was previously reported that Sangouthai, who was Lamar Odom’s best friend, died of a drug overdose last week. On Thursday, the L.A. County Coroner told TMZ that Sangouthai actually died from a flesh-eating disease that he contracted through the use of dirty needles.
The exact condition was called necrotizing fasciitis, which is a bacterial skin infection. Sangouthai was reportedly taken to the hospital because his arm became infected, but the disease spread so quickly that it was too late to save him.
Sangouthai and Odom were extremely close, and their friendship is said to have fueled Odom’s alleged crack binge a couple of years back. There were tons of photos of the two together a few years ago when Odom was supposedly abusing drugs. You can see some of the photos here.