Report: Robby Anderson has resisting arrest charges from 2017 dropped
New York Jets wide receiver Robby Anderson was facing charges in two separate incidents as of this week, but he now only has one case to worry about.
Anderson’s attorney, Ed O’Donnell, told NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo on Wednesday that the felony resisting arrest with violence charge that Anderson was facing from an alleged scuffle with an officer a year ago has been dropped.
Prosecutors have decided to drop Jets WR Robby Anderson’s charges for felony resisting arrest with violence from last year, his attorney Ed O’Donnell says. Will be official in the coming days, per O’Donnell. Still has the incident from this year to resolve.
— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) May 16, 2018
Anderson was arrested at a music festival in Miami last May, and he was accused of fighting with security when asked to leave the venue.
As Garafolo notes, Anderson is still facing charges from a more recent incident that took place earlier this year. The 24-year-old was arrested on Jan. 19 after he reportedly sped past a marked police car while driving over 105 mph. He then allegedly threatened to sexually assault an officer’s wife, and some of his charges included harm to a public servant/family, reckless driving, eluding police, and resisting arrest. However, the felony charges have been dropped and Anderson is now only facing one misdemeanor count of reckless driving.
All in all, it sounds like Anderson is getting off extremely easy for getting into a lot of trouble off the field. He had a breakout season with the Jets in 2017 with 63 catches for 941 yards and seven touchdowns, and the team has given no indication that they are planning to part ways with him.