Skip to main content
Larry Brown Sports Tagline. Brown Bag it, Baby.
#pounditSunday, January 23, 2022

Articles tagged: Trevor Bauer

Trevor Bauer’s administrative leave extended by MLB to Aug. 13

Trevor Bauer

Trevor Bauer’s paid administrative leave has been extended by MLB, calling into question whether the pitcher will return at all this season.

Bauer has been accused of assault by a woman with whom he had two sexual encounters earlier this year. She says she was choked unconscious by him and then suffered injuries after their May encounter. He says the encounters were consensual.

The woman was granted an ex parte restraining order, and Bauer’s team is in the process of replying. His hearing will be Aug. 16-19.

As the legal process plays out, MLB and the MLBPA have been agreeing to extend Bauer’s paid leave in week-by-week increments. The latest extension takes Bauer out on leave through Aug. 13.

Bauer has been under investigation by the Pasadena Police Department over the assault allegations. MLB is separately investigating the allegations.

The 2020 NL Cy Young Award winner signed a 3-year, $102 million deal with the Los Angeles Dodgers over the offseason. He last pitched for them on June 28 and is unlikely to return to the team.

Report: Dodgers players do not want Trevor Bauer back

Trevor Bauer

Trevor Bauer is away from the Los Angeles Dodgers on administrative leave. He may not end up returning to the team.

Bauer was placed on paid leave by MLB on July 2 as the league investigates assault allegations the pitcher faces. Bauer is also being investigated by Pasadena, Calif. police for possible felony assault. MLB has continued to extend his administrative leave period.

On Sunday, the Los Angeles Times’ Mike DiGiovanna wrote an article on the Bauer situation. In his story, DiGiovanna reported that a “majority of (Dodgers) players do not want Bauer back under any circumstances.”

DiGiovanna did not specify his sources but said they were people with “knowledge of Dodgers clubhouse dynamics.”

Larry Brown Sports cannot confirm the sentiment among Dodgers players regarding Bauer. However, this tidbit of information leaking to DiGiovanna seems indicative of something else. The Dodgers likely want to prepare the public for the reality that Bauer will not be returning to the team.

The Dodgers began to distance themselves from Bauer in the days following the allegations being reported. They are likely to part ways with Bauer regardless of the outcome of the criminal case.

There was a small but vocal part of the Dodgers’ fan base that opposed the Bauer signing in the first place due to his political and social media history. Regardless of whether or not they are truthful, the allegations are enough to further cement to those fans that Bauer should not be on the team.

At minimum, the Dodgers would receive bad publicity by keeping Bauer on the team, which is something they do not seem interested in doing.

Bauer’s civil hearing in Los Angeles Superior Court was moved to Aug. 2 after his legal team requested more time to prepare a defense.

Trevor Bauer issues new statement on assault allegations

Trevor Bauer

Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer will be away from the team for at least another week, but he continues to maintain his innocence.

Bauer was placed on seven-day administrative leave by Major League Baseball last Friday, and that leave will continue for at least another seven days. Bauer’s camp issued another statement on Thursday in response to the latest news. His agents said Bauer continues to deny the sexual assault allegations in the “strongest possible terms” and that his being placed on administrative leave says nothing about MLB’s ongoing investigation.

Here’s the full statement:

MLB’s domestic violence policy allows for a player to be put on leave for up to seven days while allegations are being investigated. However, the MLB Players Association has agreed to let the league extend Bauer’s leave. That mutual agreement could continue until the investigation concludes.

Bauer has been accused of assaulting a woman with whom he had two sexual encounters this year. The woman claims the encounters began as consensual before going beyond what she consented to. She sought medical attention for injuries she suffered following their second encounter, which was on May 15. You can read her allegations here.

Bauer says the woman sought rough sex from him and that everything was consensual. His legal team provided Larry Brown Sports with text message conversations that Bauer and the woman allegedly shared between their two encounters.

The woman has been granted an ex parte restraining order, which is granted based purely on allegations. Bauer will have his chance to respond on July 23. The Pasadena Police Department is investigating the incident, but Bauer has not been charged with a crime.

Trevor Bauer to have administrative leave extended by MLB

Trevor Bauer

Trevor Bauer was placed on seven-day administrative leave by Major League Baseball last Friday, and his time away from the Los Angeles Dodgers will reportedly be extended.

Bauer’s leave will be extended by at least another seven days, Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times reports.

MLB’s domestic violence policy allows for a player to be put on leave for up to seven days while allegations are being investigated. Shaikin noted that the MLB Players Association agreed to extending Bauer’s leave by another week.

Bauer has been accused of assaulting a woman with whom he had two sexual encounters this year. The woman claims the encounters began as consensual before going beyond what she consented to. She sought medical attention for injuries she suffered following their second encounter, which was on May 15. You can read her allegations here.

Bauer says the woman sought rough sex from him and that everything was consensual. His legal team provided Larry Brown Sports with text message conversations that Bauer and the woman allegedly shared between their two encounters.

The woman has been granted an ex parte restraining order, which is granted based purely on allegations. Bauer will have his chance to respond on July 23. The Pasadena Police Department is investigating the incident, but Bauer has not been charged with a crime.

Dodgers cancel Trevor Bauer bobblehead giveaway amid investigation

Trevor Bauer

The Los Angeles Dodgers are distancing themselves from Trevor Bauer amid his assault investigation.

Bauer has been accused of assaulting a woman with whom he had two sexual encounters. The woman was granted an ex parte restraining order, and Bauer will have his opportunity to respond on July 23. His case is currently being investigated by police in Pasadena, Calif.

Last week, MLB placed Bauer in 7-day administrative leave while they investigate the allegations. In the meantime, the Dodgers have distanced themselves from the prized free agent pitcher.

The team removed a planned Bauer bobblehead giveaway from their promotions schedule. The bobblehead promotion was scheduled for Aug. 19 vs. the Mets. They also removed Bauer merchandise from their team and online store.

The Dodgers said it “did not feel it was appropriate” to stage the bobblehead night and sell the merchandise “while investigations continue by Major League Baseball and the Pasadena Police Department.”

It’s important to note that this move by the Dodgers is not indicative of which way they think the legal investigation will go. Rather, this is what they deem to be an appropriate public relations strategy for handling the situation. The Dodgers recognize the severity of the allegations and the poor optics of promoting merchandise related to a player facing such allegations.

The woman claims the encounters began as consensual before going beyond what she consented to. She sought medical attention for injuries she suffered following their second encounter, which was on May 15. You can read her allegations here.

Bauer says the woman sought rough sex from him and that everything was consensual. His legal team provided Larry Brown Sports with text message conversations that Bauer and the woman allegedly shared between their two encounters.

MLB reportedly looking into Trevor Bauer’s history as part of investigation

Trevor Bauer

Major League Baseball has launched its own investigation into sexual abuse allegations against Trevor Bauer, and the league is taking several angles.

According to ESPN’s Buster Olney, MLB investigators are pursuing “a range of inquiries” relating to Bauer. The league has spoken to the accuser’s lawyer, and hopes to speak directly to the accuser in coming days. League officials also wish to speak to Bauer, but it is unclear if and when that will happen. Notably, any conversations Bauer has with MLB would be subject to subpoena as part of the Pasadena Police Department’s ongoing investigation into the allegations.

MLB investigators are also reported to be delving into Bauer’s personal history. The league wants to know if there have been any other incidents involving Bauer that it is not aware of. This is similar to how the league has pursued other investigations relating to the sport’s domestic violence policy.

MLB’s investigation into the Bauer allegations is taking place concurrently with the police investigation, which law enforcement said has become larger than originally expected.

Bauer has been accused of assaulting a woman with whom he had two sexual encounters this year. The woman claims the encounters began as consensual before going beyond what she consented to. She sought medical attention for injuries she suffered following their second encounter, which was on May 15. You can read her allegations here.

Bauer says the woman sought rough sex from him and that everything was consensual. His legal team provided Larry Brown Sports with text message conversations that Bauer and the woman allegedly shared between their two encounters.

The woman has been granted an ex parte restraining order, which is granted based purely on allegations. Bauer will have his chance to respond on July 23. The Pasadena Police Department is investigating the incident, but Bauer has not been charged with a crime.

Police say Trevor Bauer investigation is ‘bigger than we thought’

Trevor Bauer

Police are looking into the assault allegations against Trevor Bauer to determine if criminal charges will be filed, and signs point to the investigation taking a while longer.

Pasadena Police Department lieutenant Carolyn Gordon, who is overseeing the Bauer investigation, told USA Today’s Bob Nightengale on Friday that the investigation was not initially expected to take as long as it has. She described the case as “bigger than we thought” and said it is not nearing a conclusion.

“We were looking into some things and we thought we were nearing the end,” Gordon said. “We are not close to the end. This investigation is bigger than we thought. So we have to look a few more places. We want to try to uncover as much stuff as we can.”

Gordon said the investigation began about six weeks ago, but police have since received new leads. She would not share any detailed information but added that “some things have been uncovered” that need to be examined further.

Nightengale notes that he spoke with Gordon hours before Major League Baseball decided to place Bauer on seven-day administrative leave.

Bauer has been accused of assaulting a woman with whom he had two sexual encounters this year. The woman claims the encounters began as consensual before going beyond what she consented to. She sought medical attention for injuries she suffered following their second encounter, which was on May 15. You can read her allegations here.

Bauer says the woman sought rough sex from him and that everything was consensual. His legal team provided Larry Brown Sports with text message conversations that Bauer and the woman allegedly shared between their two encounters.

The woman has been granted an ex parte restraining order, which is granted based purely on allegations. Bauer will have his chance to respond on July 23.

Trevor Bauer placed on administrative leave by MLB

Trevor Bauer

Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer has been placed on seven-day administrative leave by Major League Baseball.

MLB’s domestic violence policy allows for a player to be put on leave for up to seven days while allegations are being investigated. The league said in a statement on Friday that the policy is being utilized with Bauer.

Bauer has been accused of assaulting a woman with whom he had two sexual encounters this year. The woman claims the encounters began as consensual before going beyond what she consented to. She sought medical attention for injuries she suffered following their second encounter, which was on May 15. You can read her allegations here.

Bauer says the woman sought rough sex from him and that everything was consensual. His legal team provided Larry Brown Sports with text message conversations that Bauer and the woman allegedly shared between their two encounters.

The woman has been granted an ex parte restraining order, which is granted based purely on allegations. Bauer will have his chance to respond on July 23. The Pasadena Police Department is investigating the incident, but Bauer has not been charged with a crime.

Dodgers manager expects Trevor Bauer to make his next scheduled start

Trevor Bauer

Los Angeles Dodgers manager Dave Roberts expects Trevor Bauer to make his scheduled start despite facing assault allegations.

Roberts told reporters on Thursday that the matter is out of the Dodgers’ hands while MLB investigates. Roberts’ expectation is that Bauer will start on Sunday at the Washington Nationals.

Bauer has been accused of assaulting a woman with whom he had two sexual encounters this year. The woman claims the encounters began as consensual before going beyond what she consented to. She sought medical attention for injuries she suffered following their second encounter, which was on May 15. You can read her allegations here.

Bauer says the woman sought rough sex from him, that everything was consensual, and provided Larry Brown Sports with text message conversations the two allegedly shared between their two encounters.

The woman has been granted an ex parte restraining order, which is granted based purely on allegations. Bauer will have his chance to respond on July 23.

MLB is investigating the case. Under its domestic violence policy, the league has the ability to put a player on leave for up to seven days while investigating an allegation.

Trevor Bauer text messages show accuser asked for slaps and ‘all the pain’

Trevor Bauer

Trevor Bauer has been accused by a woman of assault but claims he is innocent. Purported text messages exchanged between the Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher and the accuser appear to show the woman asking for Bauer to get physical with her and for him to give her “pain.” The text messages were allegedly exchanged between the first (April 21) and second (May 15) sexual encounter between Bauer and the woman. They were sent to Larry Brown Sports by Bauer’s representatives.

You can see the messages below (click to enlarge each one), along with some of the dated timestamps. In the exchanges, the messages written in white allegedly come from the accuser. Bauer’s alleged messages are written in blue. Larry Brown Sports has altered two portions of the messages — once to censor a photo shared by the woman in the exchange. The other alteration was to block the F-word twice. Note: the image included in the first screenshot is not of the woman, but just a stock GIF she shared that is available through a text message app.

Trevor Bauer text message Trevor Bauer text messageTrevor Bauer text message

Additionally, Bauer’s representatives shared with Larry Brown Sports a deleted tweet allegedly sent by the accuser to Bauer in the early morning of May 16, which would have been during their second encounter.

The alleged deleted tweet read: “Absolute diesel straight down the d–k kinda energy” (LBS censored one word in the tweet).

Police in Pasadena, Calif., which is where Bauer lives, are investigating the allegations.

Here is a statement from Bauer’s agent Jon Fetterolf regarding the situation:

“Mr. Bauer had a brief and wholly consensual sexual relationship initiated by [the woman] beginning in April 2021. We have messages that show [the woman] repeatedly asking for “rough” sexual encounters involving requests to be “choked out” and slapped in the face. In both of their encounters, [the woman] drove from San Diego to Mr. Bauer’s residence in Pasadena, Calif. where she went on to dictate what she wanted from him sexually and he did what was asked. Following each of her only two meetings with Mr. Bauer, [the woman] spent the night and left without incident, continuing to message Mr. Bauer with friendly and flirtatious banter. In the days following their second and final encounter, [the woman] shared photos of herself and indicated that she had sought medical care for a concussion. Mr. Bauer responded with concern and confusion, and [the woman] was neither angry nor accusatory.

“Mr. Bauer and [the woman] have not corresponded in over a month and have not seen each other in over six weeks. Her basis for filing a protection order is nonexistent, fraudulent, and deliberately omits key facts, information, and her own relevant communications. Any allegations that the pair’s encounters were not 100% consensual are baseless, defamatory, and will be refuted to the fullest extent of the law.”

The woman involved in the case was granted an ex parte restraining order following her allegations. Bauer is scheduled for a hearing on July 23 to share his side.

“I agreed to have consensual sex; however, I did not agree or consent to what he did next,” the woman says. “I did not agree to be sexually assaulted.”

You can read further details on the woman’s accusations here.

The Dodgers have confirmed they are aware of the allegations. MLB is currently investigating.