• Skip to main content
  • Skip to header right navigation
  • Skip to site footer
Larry Brown Sports

Larry Brown Sports

Brown Bag it, Baby

  • Home
  • Blog View
  • NFL
  • NCAAF
  • NBA
  • MLB
  • Media
  • Headlines
  • Podcast
Headlines, MMA, Conor McGregor

Conor McGregor has warrant issued for arrest, could be done with UFC

April 5, 2018 by Steve DelVecchio • Comments
FacebookTweetLinkedInRedditThreadsWhatsAppEmail
Conor McGregor belts

Conor McGregor belts

Just one day after he confirmed that Conor McGregor will fight in the UFC again in 2018, Dana White told reporters the lightweight champion was responsible for one of the most embarrassing incidents in the organization’s history.

McGregor and his entourage stormed the Barclays Center after a UFC 223 media event on Thursday. They were seen attacking and vandalizing a bus carrying some fighters outside the arena, and UFC lightweight contender Michael Chiesa was left bloodied after objects were thrown through the windows of the bus.

After the incident, White said a warrant had been issued for McGregor’s arrest and hinted that the Irishman could be done with the UFC.

Dana White said warrant is out for Conor McGregor’s arrest. His plane can’t leave New York.

— Brett Okamoto (@bokamotoESPN) April 5, 2018

Was just with Dana White. Called it the most despicable thing in UFC history. I asked him if he wants to be in business with Conor McGregor anymore, he said, would you?

— Brett Okamoto (@bokamotoESPN) April 5, 2018

It’s unclear exactly what preceded the chaos, but it is believed McGregor was at the event to support SBG Ireland teammate Artem Lobov. Lobov got into a heated confrontation with Khabib Nurmagomedov — who is scheduled to have a title fight against Max Holloway at UFC 223 — at the fighters’ hotel earlier in the week. Chiesa’s coach, Rick Little, told MMAJunkie.com that McGregor and his crew were looking for Khabib.

“Conor went bananas and put a beating on the van that we were in looking for Khabib,” Little said. “A million security guards had to restrain him. Mike’s cut up now. He’s got marks on him, for sure. I don’t think too serious. Everything happened so fast, it was just like we got jumped.”

Videos on social media appeared to show McGregor and others throwing objects at the bus. Below you can see a video taken from by spectator and another taken by someone inside the bus. Beware that they contain inappropriate language.

Conor McGregor is making his presence felt here in NYC. Felice Herrig just posted this clip of him on IG going a little wild. pic.twitter.com/arvUJF1pV2

— Mike Bohn (@MikeBohnMMA) April 5, 2018

@TheNotoriousMMA is about that life pic.twitter.com/kLRbMVzSzk

— joshua. (@jrsvx) April 5, 2018

White said Lobov has been pulled from his scheduled fight against Alex Caceres at UFC 223.

Dana White confirmed Michael Chiesa suffered an injury, cuts to the face, and is in the hospital. Artem Lobov has been pulled from UFC 223, per White, as he was apparently part of the crew that stormed the building.

— Brett Okamoto (@bokamotoESPN) April 5, 2018

McGregor is known for being reckless and getting himself mixed up with the wrong people, and you may recall the reports about him being wanted by the Irish cartel at one point. However, Thursday’s mayhem went well beyond basic fighter beef and into felony territory. It would be a surprise if McGregor isn’t charged, and it will be tough to imagine White letting him fight in the UFC again.

  • i want more great stories!

Sign up today for free and get the best sports content sent to your inbox.

You can unsubscribe anytime. For more details, review our Privacy Policy.

.

Follow Us

Get instantly notified of the most viral news stories via Google!

  • Trending stories

The NFL logo on a helmet

1 NFL team favored to lose every game

4 days ago
Angel Reese in her Dream uniform

Angel Reese gets benched amid season-worst performance for the Dream

2 days ago
Stefon Diggs at practice

Stefon Diggs has been linked to 2 teams

3 days ago
Brandon Clarke warming up for a game

Possible cause of death for Brandon Clarke has been revealed

May 12, 2026
Jason Collins being shown on a Jumbotron before NBC's broadcast of Timberwolves-Spurs

Fans blast NBC for disrespectful move after moment of silence for Brandon Clarke, Jason Collins

May 12, 2026

Sidebar


  • don’t miss these

Jason Kidd coaches from the sideline

Jason Kidd linked to 1 team amid his shocking departure from Mavericks

3 hours ago276
Rashee Rice holds up the ball

Rashee Rice ordered to jail for violating his probation

9 hours ago169
Victor Wembanyama posing after sealing a Game 1 win for the Spurs over the Thunder

Victor Wembanyama pulled a cold move in the final seconds of Game 1

23 hours ago1K+
NBC's broadcast of a Thunder-Spurs game

NBC’s broadcast of Thunder-Spurs Game 1 gets marred by audio issues

1 day ago593
Stephen A. Smith on a set

Stephen A. Smith fires back at Jaylen Brown

1 day ago391
Jamahl Mosley in a suit

Jamahl Mosley has landed a new head coach job

1 day ago60
  • popular stories

Trevor Lawrence holds the ball

Trevor Lawrence looks unrecognizable after cutting his hair for Jags’ schedule release video

Giannis Antetokounmpo drives to the basket.

1 frontrunner has reportedly surfaced for Giannis Antetokounmpo

Paige Bueckers in her Wings uniform

Paige Bueckers leaves a 2-word comment on Napheesa Collier’s swimsuit photos

Aroldis Chapman wearing a cap

Aroldis Chapman had a troubling mistake on his uniform during game

Paige Bueckers and Azzi Fudd on the bench

Paige Bueckers-Azzi Fudd moment during game draws attention

Caitlin Clark smiling

Caitlin Clark finds unlikely ally amid Morgan Wallen backlash

Get the App

© 2026 · LB Sports Media Group Inc · Powered by Springwire.ai

  • X
  • Facebook
  • YouTube
  • Instagram
  • RSS Feed
  • About Larry Brown Sports
  • Contact
  • Editorial Process
  • Staff Writers
  • Privacy Policy
Dedicated to the memory of Nevil Vega