pixel 1
Thursday, May 24, 2018

Hannah Storm was seriously burned in propane gas grill explosion


If you watch ESPN regularly, you may have noticed that Hannah Storm has been missing from the network the past three weeks. That’s because she was treating injuries from a serious propane gas grill accident at her home.

According to The Associated Press, Storm suffered second-degree burns on her chest and hands, and first-degree burns to her face and neck. She lost her eyebrows and eyelashes, and roughly half her hair after being burned in a freak gas grill explosion.

Storm was making dinner at her home in Connecticut three weeks ago when the flame on the grill went out. She went to reignite it, and then a big wall of fire exploded at her, burning her and blowing the doors off the grill. She was treated at a trauma and burn center, and she has hardly gone out since.

Storm will be working on Tuesday as a host for ABC’s New Year’s Day Rose Parade. I’m sure we speak for everyone when we wish her well and say we’re glad she’s back to work.

Photo credit: Twitter/Hannah Storm

Follow Larry Brown Sports on Twitter | Like us on Facebook for latest news


comments powered by Disqus