pixel 1
Thursday, April 19, 2018

Vancouver Whitecaps striker Darren Mattocks burns his shoulder while cooking

Professional athletes tend to eat out a lot. Since they are constantly on the move and can usually afford takeout and restaurants on a regular basis, it makes perfect sense. What we don’t take into consideration is that eating out may also be a safety mechanism. As Vancouver Whitecaps striker Darren Mattocks proved over the weekend, cooking can be dangerous.

According to the CBC, Mattocks was admitted to a hospital on Sunday after suffering burns to his upper arm and right shoulder while cooking. How did this happen? Your guess is as good as ours.

“It was an unfortunate accident, but Darren is handling everything well and remains in good spirits,” Whitecap coach Martin Rennie said in a release. “We will have a better understanding on the recovery time and course of action later in the week, but we fully anticipate Darren to make a complete recovery in due time.”

Was it the door of the oven? Did a pot of hot water go flying through the air and hit his arm? I could see a burn on the hand or lower arm, but this one is a head-scratcher. At least when that dude from Werder Bremen hurt his knee playing with his dog the physicality of the injury made sense.

H/T Dirty Tackle

Follow Larry Brown Sports on Twitter | Like us on Facebook for latest news


comments powered by Disqus